𝟾

Elijah was wiping the blood off his hands, looking over at Nik. "You look surprised to see me. Did you think Ana would listen to you and not remove the dagger?"

Nik glared at him, "You look like you could do with a drink. And we have a lot to discuss, so shall we?"

Elijah charged at him, making the hybrid fly into a window.

"Easy. I just finished renovating. Your wife picked most of the decor," Nik shot back, rushing at Elijah causing him to break a table. "You know you have every right to be mad at me. But I kept my word, I reunited you with our family."

Aeliana face palmed and sat down, knowing there was no use in trying to stop them.

Elijah attacked him again, knocking him into one of the closed coffins. Nik opened one, revealing Kol, and removed the dagger from him. He rushed to Elijah and pinned him to one of coffins by his throat. "Don't make me do this to you again Elijah!"

"Come on. Use it. I dare you. You'll have Kol to deal with," Elijah fired back.

Nik lowered the dagger and sighed, releasing his grip.

"Are you girls done now?" Aeliana stood up, crossing her arms.

Nik shot her a glare and turned back to her beloved. "Mikael is dead."

Elijah looked between the two surprised. "What did you say?"

"I killed him with his own weapon. He tried to kill me, and he tried to kill Ali. He's gone Elijah. Forever."

"Why do our family remain in these coffins? Finn for over 900 years, Kol for over a century," Elijah shook his head at the insanity of the situation.

"Because of Stefan Salvatore. He holds the one thing keeping me from freeing them. There are things that you do not know about our past, Elijah. Our mother's death. Things I never wanted you to know but I'm ready to tell you now. I only ask that you remember the oath of loyalty you once swore to me."

Nik dipped the dagger in ashes, walking over to Kol.

Aeliana shook her head. "Nik, what are you doing? You know our family would help you if you just asked."

He stuck the dagger back into Kol's body. "Always and forever. I need you to stand by my side. Be my brother, be my sister. Help me destroy Stefan and I promise you both our family will be whole again."

The couple looked between each other, discussing this silently.

"Would you guys stop with the eye thing? It's weird."

Aeliana looked over to Nik, "Always and forever, brother."

"Always and forever," Elijah nodded.

Later that night, Aeliana and Elijah were at their river, discussing the previous events where they know Nik wouldn't listen in

"Do you think he's going to keep to his word, Ana?" Elijah asked, holding the girl between his legs, chin rested on her shoulder.