𝚊𝚕𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

Southern France, 2034

Aeliana was walking with Audrey and Hope, both of whom were badgering her endlessly.

"Mom, it's been six years since dad died. You are allowed to move on!"

The very words made Aeliana's smile drop slightly. On their walk, a man tried to flirt with her, which she immediately shot down. When Nik decided to suck the Hollow out of all of them and sacrifice himself, Elijah immediately decided to go with him.

Aeliana fought, over and over, for him to not leave her. To not leave Audrey. But in the end, they both said their goodbyes and let him do what he felt he needed to do.

Nik's redemption was made, and Elijah felt like he could now be at peace, his life wish fulfilled. It still hurt like a fresh wound, and Aeliana wondered everyday why Elijah didn't feel at peace with his family. After all of his promises of being together always and forever, it was as if it meant nothing to him.

It didn't make it easier that Hayley was gone, too. So she happily took Hope in, raising her like her own daughter. But despite all of that, she never felt more alone. Rebekah had Marcel, and Kol had Davina.

In the end, everyone who wasn't a Mikaelson was right. He chose his siblings over her. She did her best for her girls, but she couldn't help by cry nearly every night for her lost love.

Sorry, for both of her lost loves. It's funny, how you love two people, only for both of them to be so far out of reach. One who is dead, and one who is very much alive, but trapped in the bottom of the ocean.

The only thing she physically had left of either of them, was a button up shirt and a letter that was nearly falling apart due to how many times she's opened it to read it. That, and her memories to forever haunt her.

"Audrey, it isn't that simple."

"Why not, aunt Ana? You're forever going to be young and hot, might as well take advantage of that."

Aeliana laughed as Audrey nodded in agreement.

"I'm going to pretend as if you didn't just say that, and go about our day. Are you girls hungry?"

They both nodded their heads enthusiastically, so Aeliana reached into her purse and pulled out some money and handed it over.

"Go on and eat, meet me back here when you're done."

"Thank you, mom!" Audrey kissed Aeliana on the cheek and happily skipped off with Hope.

She sighed once they were gone and sat down on the grass, admiring the view in front of her. They settled down in Southern France. The palace she used to reside in was long gone, but she knew the land better than anyone. Along with the letter, she also at least had this place to comfort her.

Aeliana missed Tristan more than anything. She thought of him frequently, much more than Elijah. Another thing that made her feel guilty, but she couldn't control how she felt.

She's been tormented by an endless amount of guilt, knowing that he was suffering. She still never found out where the location of where he was, but she didn't want to be involved in anymore supernatural business. And she would never ask Audrey or Hope to do a locator spell.