𝟷𝟸

Freya called Elijah into her room, making the couple frantic.

"Something the matter?"

The blonde shook her head. "I need a strand of your hair. I'm working on an early warning system. Lucien has all the witch Ancestors in New Orleans on his side. I need to know if they tried to magically interfere with any one of you."

"Uh, Freya, you are allowed to rest."

Freya approached Aeliana and ripped out a strand of her hair along with the one Elijah gave her. "I'm up against centuries of dead witches who are apparently now strong enough to reach beyond the grave and shake the entire city on its foundation. I'll rest once I've sent them all running back to hell."

Audrey cried from her nursery, making Aeliana and Elijah both stand up.

"I got it, Eli. It sounds like Marcel and Kol need you guys downstairs, anyways."

Elijah and Freya raised a brow, until they heard the two barging in.

"Point made. I'll be back."

She went over to the nursery and saw that Audrey was bawling in her crib.

"Awh, my sweet girl. What is it?"

"Da-da!"

Aeliana picked her up and started tearing up.

"My darling girl, did you just say your first word?"

Audrey reached for the door and continued crying da-da, over and over. Aeliana rushed over to the courtyard, Audrey instantly calming down seeing Elijah.

"Da-da!" Elijah turned and looked at his daughter teary eyed.

"Did she just-"

Aeliana nodded as Elijah came over and grabbed his daughter, bouncing her in his arms c

"Yes, da-da's here."

Aeliana noticed Nik, Freya and Kol standing there, making her smile sheepishly.

"Sorry, it's her first words."

Freya smiled. "No need," she turned back over to Kol.

"I'll draw Davina's spirit to a circle. As long as she's there, the Ancestors won't be able to torment her. With luck that will buy you some time to find a way to resurrect her, but I'll need to channel an Original if I'm going to sustain the spell."

"Well, take me. Put me down for all I care, if it keeps her safe."

"No, you've been marred by the Ancestors' magic, so, Klaus, Elijah, rock, paper, scissors."

All of the candles little up, making all of them jump and Aeliana widen her eyes.

"That looks bad."

"My early warning system. I think a New Orleans witch is trying to meddle with one of you.

Nik began to cry out in pain.

"Lucien has the new Regent at his beck and call. It's me he's coming after."

Just as he said that, Rebekah's portrait caught on fire, making Aeliaan gesture to it.

"Apparently not."

"Lucien thought that killing Cami would have me charging into his lair on a suicide mission. When it didn't, he set his sights on Rebekah. He's kicking hornets' nests, until we have no choice but to confront him."

"Presumably, he still believes she's at the bottom of the ocean."

Freya shook her head at Elijah. "I cloaked all of you, but with the Ancestors working for Lucien, it may take awhile, but if he wants to find Rebekah, he will."