𝟸

Audrey fell asleep sandwiched between Aeliana and Elijah. She tried to stay awake, excitement flowing through her at 100 miles a minute.

"Oh, and I started learning the piano! However, mommy is really bad at it, she said-"

Audrey yawned loudly, making Elijah chuckle and stroke her hair out of her face.

"I can help you in the morning, sweet girl. But I think we should all get some sleep."

"But daddy, there's so much to tell you!"

Aeliana smiled at them and stroked Audrey's cheek. "And now we have forever to tell daddy everything."

She nodded and closed her eyes, instantly falling asleep. When Aeliana looked up, she saw that Elijah was smiling at her.

"She's a talker, in case you didn't notice."

He laughed quietly, careful not too wake his daughter who was now curled into his chest. "She is very good with words."

"The moment she formed a word, it didn't stop from there. I don't know if it was the magic in her or what, but she learned fast."

Elijah continued to smile at his girls, who were now both asleep. He didn't want to sleep. He wanted to take this all in and savor every moment, and not miss a thing.

They awoke to Audrey jumping on Elijah.

"Daddy! Wake up! It's time for the piano!"

Aeliana noticed that Elijah was only pretending to be asleep, making her bite back a smile to not give it away to Audrey.

"Daddy, come on! We have-"

She was cut off by Elijah jumping up and flipping her onto her back and started tickling her, making Audrey laugh loudly.

"Daddy! Daddy stop! That tickles!"

"That's the point," he released his hold on her and let her laugher calm down. "I think we should eat before we start our big day."

She jumped back and looked between them both with wide eyes. "Mommy said you make the best waffles, right?"

Aeliaan nodded with a smile. "Yes, he does make the best waffles."

"Well, then let's go. Chop chop, daddy. Time for you to pull your weight in around here!"

He laughed and got up. "You're a sassy little thing, aren't you?"

Audrey shrugged. "Auntie Hayley says I'm just like mommy and Auntie Beks," she trailed up and shot out of the bed. "Wait, that means they're all here, right?"

She started dragging Aeliana out of bed. "Come on! I've waited my whole life for this!"

They made their way downstairs, Audrey immediately running outside to see everyone there besides Nik and Hope, who were in the garden.

"Good morning everyone!"

Hayley looked over at Audrey with a smile. "Good morning, sweetie."

"You're Auntie Freya," Audrey pointed to the witch. "You're Auntie Beks, and you're Uncle Kol. Am I right?"

Kol walked up to her and knelt down. "Actually, I'm Auntie Beks."

She wrapped her arms around him and laughed. "Mommy told me you make bad jokes."

He looked up at Aeliana in fake offense. "Bad? I can assure you, my jokes are not bad."

"We'll see about that," she walked over to the two blondes with a smile. "Am I going to get my hug now?"