𝟾

When she got home later that night, Elijah was pacing back and forth with Audrey in his arms.

"Elijah? Did something happen?"

"I daggered Rebekah."

Aeliana was slightly stunned, but then her eyes widened in realization.

"You fulfilled the family part of the prophecy. Which means we only have to focus on friend and foe."

He nodded sadly. "Yes. What Freya did to cure her was only temporary, as soon as she left the city she had the urge to kill her taxi driver. She came to me in private, made me swear not to tell anyone. But I can't keep secrets from you, my sweet."

"Well, now we have more time to look into the cure for her and focus on the prophecy. This is good, Elijah. We can't have her going around with that sort of curse over her head."

He paused and stepped closer to her, placing a kiss on her temple.

"This is why I tell you everything. You're my voice of reason in my sick and twisted mind."

"I would hardly call you sick and twisted. We might not always see eye to eye on things, but at the end of the day you do whatever it takes to protect the family. And I love you so for that."

For obvious reasons, they didn't discuss what occurred between him and Aya, and with her and Tristan. But he did have one question for her that shocked her when they were laying down in bed for the night.

"Aeliana, are you willing to do whatever it takes to keep the family safe?"

She raised her eyebrow at him. "Of course I would, Elijah. Why would you ask such a thing?"

"Because that possibily means taking Tristan out of the equation."

Elijah looked at her with sad eyes. "I won't make you be there for it, my sweet. That's torture within itself."

She raised her hand to caress his face and kissed his other cheek.

"Just like how if it comes to taking down Aya, I will not make you be there for it either. And just so you know, I will not blame you or be mad at you for doing what you need to do to keep us safe."

"I won't harbor any hard feelings towards you either. It's you, me and Audrey always. Now, thank god you showered, because I need to attack you."

She giggled as he flipped her so she was ontop of him, attacking her neck in kisses and bites.

"No matter what, you are mine."

When the couple woke up that morning, they were not expecting Cami to be turned into a vampire

Aeliana rushed over to the bar with Audrey in her arms, seeing Nik there with a drink.

"Nik, I heard. Is she okay?"

"She has just risen from the dead. As soon as she feeds, her mood will change for the better. In the meantime, these attacks need to be answered! Our retribution must be swift, and it must be brutal!"