𝟷

New Orleans, May 2012

"Eli, I'm mind blown as well, but a pregnant vampire going to the doctor not even 24 hours after they think the miracle tribrid baby died? Not one of your best ideas."

Elijah led Aeliana to his car, not saying anything.

"Elijah? Hello? I know you can hear me!"

He opened the door for her to get in, making her cross her arms. They initiated a stare down, Aeliana eventually giving in and sitting down as he shut the door.

"My sweet," he started as he entered the car and turned on the engine. "I'm not taking you to a doctor, and we most certainly aren't doing anything in this city."

"Where are we going, then?"

"Mystic Falls."

Aeliana groaned. "I better not see the doppelbitch."

Mystic Falls, a few hours later

"Thank you for meeting with us on such short notice, Ms. Bennett. We promise to not take up too much of your time."

Bonnie invited them inside of her home, shocking both the vampires tremendously. She was about to say something when Aeliana cut her off.

"Let me start this off by saying I'm terribly sorry for everything I've done to you and your friends. I will do anything to help my family-"

The witch cut her off with a small smile. "I understand. Now, what brings you guys up here?"

The couple looked between each other, unsure of the right words.

Aeliana finally looked over at Bonnie and sighed. "Well, if you want the shortened version. I died, somehow came back to life, and now I think I'm pregnant."

Her eyes widened, looking at Elijah who began to explain in further detail.

Bonnie shook her head. "Do you mind if I...?" She trailed off, gesturing to Aeliana's stomach who just nodded.

She placed her hands on the female vampire, closing her eyes and started muttering a spell in Latin. She opened her eyes with a smile on her face.

"You aren't wrong. You are definitely pregnant. Eight weeks along, to be exact."

Elijah raised a brow as Aeliana's mouth dropped to the ground.

"Eight weeks? I died last night, there's no way I'm that far along already. I don't understand," she shook her head. "This can't be real."

"Can you tell the gender?" Elijah asked softly.

"Eli, what-" Elijah held a hand up to his wife, giving her a soft look as Bonnie looked between the two.

"Aeliana? May I?" She gestured to her again, the female just nodding as Bonnie once again placed her hands on the pregnant vampire, muttering more Latin.

"She's a girl."

The couple's eyes started watering, neither of them knowing what to say.

"Thank you, Bonnie. Seriously, thank you."

Bonnie smiled at the couple. "Of course. If you two need anything, call me."

Aeliana nodded softly, grabbing Elijah's hand and led him back to the car.

"Eli?"

He wrapped her up in a hug, tears threatening to spill over. "Yes, my sweet?"