𝟽

Aeliana chewed at her nails, a habit that she hasn't done in a very long time. Only in extreme high stress situations. Locking Tristan in a barrier spell to watch him be tortured was indeed, one of those moments.

Freya stepped back looking pleased. "The spell is complete. Tristan cannot cross the boundary of his own will, but we can enter and leave as we please. I took the liberty of injecting him with hibiscus and mugwort to counteract any vervain in his system. All you have to do is compel him to give you the longitude of Rebekah's location."

"He says he's immune," Elijah crouched down and observed him at eye level.

"Well, then I'll find some other way to make him talk."

Freya picked up a dagger, making the couple look at her annoyed.

"Will you?"

Elijah approached her and held out his hand, her reluctantly handing over the dagger.

"You're still upset I tortured Aurora without your permission."

"Oh, Freya. I'm obscenely fond of torture. But yes, when I'm entertaining, I like to be the one to choose precisely when and how we violate the guests," he paused and looked over at Aeliana. "My sweet, do you really want to be here for this? I understand if you need to leave."

She just sat there and shook her head. "Maybe my presence will be good persuasion for him to tell us."

Freya and Elijah sighed, the former sitting down next to her and rubbing her back.

"Fine. How should we proceed?"

Elijah paused, looking over at his wife nervously. "Devastate his body, infiltrate the mind, and steal the information we need. To that end, I've invited a friend."

Hayley walked in at that very moment, holding Hope on her hip, making Aeliana look back at her in confusion.

"Uh, Hayley? Is everything okay?"

"Jack's gone, and I don't know if he's coming back. I also really don't want to talk about it. So, which one of you will take Hope while I take out my anger on this pompous dick."

Freya stood up, holding her arms out to Hope. "Come here, baby girl, let's go play with your beautiful cousin."

The blonde flashed both girls a sympathetic look before leaving the room, Elijah turning to Aeliana once more.

"Ana, this is going to be really hard for you. I understand completely if you would rather not be in the house as it occurs."

Hayley was also giving Aeliana a look of guilt, nodding in agreement. "I'm sorry, but it's not going to be pretty."

"I'll be fine. Like I said, maybe my presence will help, considering he doesn't usually give in to torture," she gave them both a pointed look and sat down once again, crossing her arms and looking down at the floor.

Elijah placed a small kiss on the top of her head, reminding her once more than she could leave at anytime, then left the room.

"Aeliana, I'm only doing this to get Rebekah back."

"I know, Hayley. I'm not mad. Just- just get this over with."

Hayley turned to a sleeping Tristan, before baring her fangs and biting him on the neck, causing him to wake up and scream.

The scream itself made Aeliana flinch, but she was trying to remain strong. She wanted Rebekah back, and she was hoping to god that Tristan wouldn't subdue himself to the immense torture Hayley was about to put him through.