𝟷𝟶

"Elijah, I know Rebekah said not to, but we have to tell them."

"Well, good morning to you too, my sweet. I slept well, thank you for asking."

Aeliana rolled her eyes and playfully hit Elijah with the pillow.

"Must be nice, because I didn't. Audrey was up all night again. Her fever broke, but she was fussy anytime I tried putting her in her crib."

Elijah looked over and noticed his daughter in the bed with them and smiled. "She just loves her parents."

She was making noises from the bed, waving her arms up in the air.

"I can't believe she's already about to be one. It's crazy how the time flies."

"And she is beautiful just like her mama," he looked over at Audrey. "Can you say, mama?"

Audrey continued her blubbering, but making D noises instead of M noises, making Aeliana chuckle.

"I think she's going to be more of a daddy's girl."

They heard Freya walking about, making Elijah sigh. "You're right. We need to tell her."

"You already told Nik, and from what you said he handled it well. So how bad will it be with Freya?"

They went over to the study, seeing Freya in there reading a book.

"Good morning my favorite beautiful older sister!"

She raised an eyebrow at Aeliana and closed the book. "What did you do?"

"Well, I didn't do anything. Elijah, however," Aeliana gave her husband a pointed look as he stood nervously.

"I daggered Rebekah on Christmas."

The blonde stood up and began pacing, looking shocked.

"You daggered Rebekah? And you're just telling me now?"

"She sacrificed herself in order to protect us. And, to protect her, I've told Niklaus, and I'm telling you. No one would have known Rebekah's whereabouts if Aurora had taken my life."

"The prophecy says you three will be felled by friend, family, and foe. Rebekah was fallen by family. That leaves friend and foe. You and Klaus have a lot of foes."

Elijah shrugged. "Just one or two."

Aeliana face palmed as Freya sighed.

"Thankfully, not many friends."

"Freya, this is Stefan Salvatore, an old friend."

Aeliana turned to see Nik walking into the study with Stefan in tow, making her eyes widen.

"One of my trickle down sirelings. Long story. Stefan, this is Freya, my brand new older sister. Also a long story. Stefan needs a favor."

Freya eyed Stefan up and down suspiciously. "You're an old friend, are you?"

"Well, that kind of depends on your definition."

"Yeah, do you want the cliffnotes or the eight book series?"

Stefan shook his head at Aeliana with a smile. "It's good to see you, Ana."

"It's good to see you, Steffy."

Freya continued to scowl as Nik motioned for Elijah and Aeliana to follow him out to the hall.

"Are you sure we should leave her with him? It looks could kill he would be buried."

Elijah nodded in agreement. "Funny how your old friend shows up in the middle of a prophecy, Niklaus."

"Stefan Salvatore is not the problem. But, if you are so determined to find foe amongst friends, then look no further than Marcel. After all, did he not steal Jackson's heart and deliver it to the very people bent on harming us?"