𝟻

"So, this is what you do the first time we're back together as a family? Vampire book club?" Rebekah shook her head as he walked into the room, seeing a dead girl on the coffee table as the Aeliana, Elijah and Nik were reading.

"Reading edifies the mind, sister. Isn't that right, Elijah?"

"Yes, that's quite right, Niklaus."

Aeliana shrugged. "I'm not leaving my husband out of my sight. Wouldn't want anyone to dagger him," she gave a pointed look to Nik who rolled his eyes.

"And what's this business?" Rebekah gestures to the dead girl.

"This is a peace offering," Elijah mumbled, continuing to read.

"I presumed, after so much time desiccating in a coffin, that my big brother might be a bit peckish."

"And I explained to my little brother that forgiveness cannot be bought. I'd simply prefer to see a change in behavior that indicates contrition and personal growth. Not this nonsense."

"Sorry not all of us have a wife to blood share with," he smirked, making Aeliana throw a pillow in his direction.

"Well, I suppose I'll go fetch the rubbish bin, because she's staining a two hundred-year-old carpet," Rebekah began to walk out.

Elijah looked up from his book, "Ah, yes."

Nik began to narrate the page he was reading. A passage from the story, earning an eye roll from Aeliana.

"How very poetic. I'm going to check on Hayley," she wiggled out of Elijah's arms and walked towards the kitchen were she just saw the wolf walk into.

"Good morning, my favorite pregnant wolf," Aeliana smiled and leaned against the fridge that she was rummaging through.

"Ana, I'm the only pregnant wolf you know," she laughed out as she continued to look through the fridge. Rebekah walked in, dragging a trash can behind her.

Hayley looked frustrated. "Listen, I know I'm the only one in this house that actually drinks milk, but would it kill any of you to make sure it's on the grocery list?"

"Speaking of, add bleach," Rebekah mutteted as she stomped out of the kitchen, nearly bumping into Elijah. Aeliana rolled her eyes and starting rummaging through the cupboards.

"You know, I do hope my siblings were hospitable to you in my absence. I know my wife was, considering she couldn't shut up about you," he teased, smiling at the two.

"In your absence, as you like to call it, which is a way too polite way of saying that your brother put a dagger in your heart, your wife and I have been attacked by French Quarter vampires, had to live in a house with a secret dungeon full of coffins, and were nearly murdered by witches who are convinced my baby is Lucifer. I guess you can say we bonded very well."

Aeliana began to pour some cereal into a bowl, making Hayley eye her up with a weird. She walked back to the fridge and grabbed milk and orange juice. "Did you really think I'd let my favorite pregnant wolf starve?" Hayley smiled and grabbed the carton from her hand.

"Anyways, yes your siblings have been very protective. I guess I have your wife and yourself to thank for that."

"I think hes just happy to see that you're in one piece," Aeliana smiled and sat down next to Hayley.

"So, back to the murderous witches. I have some concerns," Elijah trailed off.

"They're evil. And my life is still magically linked to Sophie Deveraux, which is not comforting."

Elijah nodded. "Yes, I think it's time we took care of that little problem."

Rebekah came back in the kitchen, dragging the corpse of the girl Nik drained behind her. "I am all for it. As soon as they're unlinked, we get to leave this crap town. Who do we have to kill?"