𝟸

(AN: I am aware that Elijah was not apart of these next few episodes, but I changed season four to fit my storyline better. Thank you!)

Paris, France

Unfortunately, the two barely lasted a month before being called back into Mystic Falls.

"Ugh," Aeliana groaned, putting her phone back down and turned into Elijah's chest, his arms wrapping around her.

"I don't care about a stupid cure. I want to lay in this bed forever," her words were muffled against his chest.

"Rebekah can wait a few more hours," he agreed, voice still deep from being sleepy.

"Someone sounds tired," she teased.

"Don't act like you don't like my voice like this," he whispered in her ear.

Before they could continue, Elijah's phone rang, making them both groan.

"Yes, brother?"

She could hear Nik on the other end, asking why they weren't there yet.

"Rebekah called Ana not even two seconds ago, we'll be heading over within the next few hours," he hung up and shut off his phone to prevent more calls.

Her phone rang right after, making her laugh when she declined it and also shut it off.

"Now, where were we?" He smirked and hovered on top of her, making her giggle.

Mystic Falls

Mystic Falls

The couple arrived at Nik's mansion, knowing he was about to freak out at their so called tardiness, despite them never giving him an exact time.

"Honeymoon is over, love birds! We have a cure to find!" Nik announced, pulling them both in for a hug. "Oh, now I missed you both."

They looked at each other weirdly.

"You're awfully chipper, Nik," Aeliana trailed off.

"We get our cure, I give some to Elena, I get my hybrids."

"Ah, yes. Considering you killed them all. Why is that?" Elijah raised his eyebrow.

"They broke their sire bond, becoming useless to me. What's the point of creating comrades if they aren't loyal?"

"Well, as much as I'd love to stay and chat, Rebekah asked for my assistance in questioning the Scooby gang," Aeliana announced, placing a soft kiss on Elijah's lips.