𝟻

Aeliana was sitting on the grass watching Rebekah's cheer practice. She was currently standing in as her 'legal guardian' considering Aeliana looks 24, and Rebekah looks 17, so now it wasn't weird if she randomly showed up to after school functions or practices.

"Beks, you had to take over Barbie's team? The poor girl," Aeliana laughed as Elena approached the two.

"You! Goody." The blonde rolled her eyes.

"I was hoping we could talk."

"About what? Stefan? Don't worry, I'm off him until he starts treating me better. In fact, you should probably take a page out of my book, if I'm being honest."

"Actually, I'd rather talk about this," she held up photos of mine and Rebekah's name in Runic written on a cave. "I'm curious why you guys have spent a thousand years running from your father."

"He technically wasn't my father,"Aeliana got off the ground and crossed her arms.

"I should get back to the girls. Homecoming's right around the corner," Rebekah tried to leave with Aeliana following suit, but Elena stopped them.

"Well then, maybe I'll ask Mikael when we wake him."

Both girls turned around.

"You're bluffing!" Rebekah shouted at the doppelgänger.

Aeliana shook her head. "You don't know where he is. No one does."

"So, then who's rotting in that old cemetery in Charlotte?"

"If you wake Mikael, we are all doomed!" The blonde tried warning Elena.

"So then, tell me."

"Why do you want to know?"

"Why don't you want me to wake him?" Elena shot back.

Rebekah was shaken up by this information. "I need to get back to the girls."

Aeliana turned to Elena. "If I find out you woke Mikael, you'll be my next blood bag. I'm not the same Aeliana you met when I went through memory loss. I can be equally sick and twisted as my siblings."

She turned to walk away from the doppelgänger, who now clearly looked shaken up at the words.

Once they noticed she was gone, the two girls began whispering to each other.

"Maybe we should tell her. Maybe it'll convince them to raise him!" Rebekah was debating with Aeliana.

"I watched the Scooby gang betray Eli's trust over and over again. Elena is the worst. Gives you her word but then takes it right back."

"The vampire who hunts vampires might just scare them enough!"

"Maybe. They're also too focused on killing Nik to care about anything else. Do now, think about consequences later," Aeliana waved her hand.

"We need to at least try, Ana."

The brunette sighed and looked over at her sister for a few seconds. "I hate when you're right. Fine, I'll send her a message."

"You're chaperoning the homecoming dance, right?"

"Rebekah, what the hell are you talking about?"