𝟺

Nik was standing in the living room all night into morning, just staring at Kol's burnt corpse. Elijah was on the couch holding Aeliana, who eventually cried herself to sleep.

The sound of the front door opening caused her sit up, seeing Tyler standing there looking at Nik. "Morning, sunshine. You look pathetic."

"Our brother just died, asshole. Do you expect us to be making flower crowns?" Aeliana shot back.

"Only until Bonnie's spell locking me in here wears off. Then I'll look different. Angrier, perhaps. Or I won't look like anything because I'll have gouged your eyeballs from their sockets," Nik calmly threatened.

Tyler shrugged. "My friends will be back with the cure by then. So, I could shove it down your throat and make you mortal."

"I'm an Original. What makes you think my entire vampire bloodline won't be cured along with me? I.e., you."

"You know what I think? I think that's impossible. I think the moment you stop being a vampire, our whole blood connection to you is broken, and your sireline ceases to exist. So, whatever happens to you, happens only to you, which means I can kill your ass and no one else has to die. Although I am still debating just how to do it."

Aeliana vamp sped towards the cocky hybrid but was pushed back by the barrier. She backed up into Elijah's chest, who placed a soothing hand on her shoulders.

Nik smirked. "I recommend drowning. There's nothing quite like the feeling of someone fighting for something as basic as human breath. And let me tell you, your mother was a fighter."

Tyler didn't respond, pleasing the trio knowing that they officially pissed him off.

Aeliana walked back to the barrier. "You know, this spell won't last forever. Once it does, I suggest you put many miles between yourself and this town. Because mark my words, I will hunt each and everyone of you down and torture you for eternity."

He gulped and sat down in the kitchen, leaving them alone.

Unfortunately, the silence only lasted for a few hours before Tyler decided to gloat about the situation at hand

"Who knows, maybe I could shove the cure down all of your throats, that would get rid of 4/5ths of our problems," Tyler shrugged.

Elijah chuckled. "Bold of you to assume you could take all of us on."

"I think he forgot how much stronger than we are. Who's going to help you, Caroline? Considering everyone else is gone, of course," Aeliana laughed.

Speaking of the blonde, she walked through the back door and looked directly at Tyler.

"You're still here? What are you doing?"

Tyler began pouring himself a drink. "Gloating."

Nik smiled a little at the sight of the blonde vampire. "Hello, Caroline."