𝟷𝟷

Aeliana was stood the next morning protectively infront of Rebekah. Nik had the white oak stake and Elijah had Papa Tunde's blade. They've been having a stand off all night. At first, Aeliana was going to sit on the side, but after the 19th time Nik tried to go after Rebekah with the stake, she got in between them and vamped out, pushing him back a few feet.

She understood that she could leave the cemetery, but she knew Nik was holding resentment towards her for preventing him from murdering his sister.

"Rebekah!" Nik continued to scream.

"Walk away, Nik," Aeliaan commanded in a warning tone.

"Don't move!"

Elijah looked at Rebekah. "Leave us now."

"I can't. I'm stuck here. Elijah, he has the white oak stake," she stayed behind Aeliana who could practically feel her shaking vibrate the ground.

"I brought it for you, sister," Nik pointed the stake at his sister.

"Nik!" Aeliana shouted at him. "Stop this nonsense!"

"Get out of his sight. Your presence here only serves to anger him. Leave him to us now," Elijah looked at Rebekah softly, who eventually sped off in the other direction.

"I'm asking you, brother to brother, we end this nonsense now."

"You would side with that traitor," Nik spat out before turning back to the female. "And of course, you follow in his footsteps like the dutiful little housewife you are!" He started shouting as he moved closer to Aeliana with the stake.

Elijah immediately got in between them. "I am not choosing sides, but I will not allow you to hurt my wife and our sister."

"We cannot leave this cemetery, Elijah. How long do you think you can defend them?"

Nik tried to vamp speed away, the couple catching up to him with ease and blocked his way.

"As long as it takes, Nik. And by whatever means necessary," she whispered from behind him.

They continued to pace around the outside of one of the many tombs, repeatedly stopping him from going after Rebekah.

"You've been at this for hours. To what end? Niklaus, I know you, and I grew up fighting you. I can't be beaten, nor can I be persuaded. You cannot get past me."

"I could get past you. Although, it might have to be over your dead body. You did stab me with that blade, forcing me to endure hours of unspeakable pain. Perhaps I should direct my rage toward you," he pointed the stake at Elijah. "Or perhaps I can take away the only thing you seem to love," he then sped over to Aeliana, immediately being stopped by Elijah again.

"You should see yourself, the murderous expression, the self righteous posturing. You look like Father."

"I'm not him. Rebekah's betrayal justifies my anger. His was that of a madman. You were never the recipient of his cruelty. None of you were! Not Kol, not Finn, none of you! I think you've forgotten what he was truly like."

Elijah shook his head. "No. I have not forgotten."

10th Century Mystic Falls

Elijah and Nik are in the forest, Elijah helping his younger brother shoot a bow and arrow. Nik took his aim at a deer, being encouraged by his older brother.

"Be still. Deep breath. Hold, NOW!"

Nik shot the arrow, but missed the deer. Nonetheless, Elijah remained encouraging and proud. "Your aim is improving. Next time!"