𝟿

Elijah was searching his study as Hayley and Aeliana paced the room.

"Okay, so what's the plan? Cami's out there with the white oak, and I'm not gonna lose one more person that I care about."

"I'm with you there, Hayley."

Elijah held up a hand, still searching for who knows what. "Niklaus can handle Camille. Til then, I'll keep Aya distracted."

He pulled at a scroll, making Aeliana tilt her head.

"Is that what I think it is?"

"Precisely. I plan on pouring a little salt in an old wound."

Hayley looked confused, making Aeliana turn to her and explain.

"It's the Strix charter, written by him. Trust me, Aya will be running around everywhere if he's doing what I think he's doing."

"My witches have made a discovery

"My witches have made a discovery. Whatever it was, Elijah clearly wants it to remain hidden. We can only assume a weapon is in play, and that all of our lives are at risk. We will not rest until that weapon is under our control."

"How interesting," Aeliana made her way into the room, slow clapping. "Very compelling, Aya. Truly."

Elijah appeared next to her with the scroll in her hand, looking smug at Aya's annoyed expression.

"Hello, everyone. Wonderful to see you all. Aya, don't we look so very comfortable indeed, leading Tristan's little circus. Sadly, one does not simply ascend to the position of leader. It kind of has to be by my consent. You see, I am the maker. The creator. The Founding Father. I am the one who chooses the leader here, and, fortunately for every last one of you, I have an excellent candidate in mind. See, today is the day I take back what is mine. Do I hear any objections?" After a moment of silence, he spoke again. "So, ladies and gentlemen, the offer I extend to you is simple enough. You follow me, I shall return you all to greatness."

Marcel scoffed loudly. "You're really just gonna come in here and start making demands?"

Elijah rolled his eyes and held up a hand.

"Ah, shh, shh, shh. Marcel, grown ups are talking."

Marcel looked at Elijah offended, but Aeliana could see the amusement in his eyes as Elijah continued to speak.

"Aya, how long has it been, eight, nine hundred years since you last saw this? For the uninitiated. The Charter of the Strix, written by. Oh, yes. Me. And, it says here it shall be my duty to uphold the tenants of the charter, dah-dah, dah-dah, dah. Oh, this is important. In the absence of a worthy leader, charter shall be invoked and complete dominion shall be restored to Elijah Mikaelson."

Aya looked unimpressed and rolled her eyes.

"If you are determined to stake this absurd claim as founder, then I invoke the rite of Ludum Regale."