𝟷𝟶

JAZZ CLUB, 1919

A jazz band was playing at the local club. Aeliana was standing at the bar with Elijah, Nik and Lana, watching everyone with a smile on her face.

Nik was in good spirits as he watched the scene before him. "Well this is a first. Werewolves, vampires, witches and dirty cops. All happy as clams and drunk as stoats."

"Four shots, please," Elijah turned to the bar tender who nodded.

"You gotta love this city," Lana smiled at all of them, Aeliana nodding in agreement.

Elijah handed everyone their glasses and wrapped an arm around his wife. "To a new era! Collaboration in the face of Prohibition."

Lana held up her glass. "To your docks, their booze, and our theatres to hide it under. You're welcome, boys."

They clanked their glasses together and downed their shots as Nik smirked over at Lana. "Now, I shall have to think of a way to thank you personally, in a manner befitting a werewolf queen."

Aeliana nearly gagged as she stroked his face, telling him she'd see him on the dance floor before joining the crowd.

Aeliana wrapped her arms around the brothers. "Who would have thought it possible? The unification of New Orleans?"

"We really did it," Nik smiled and gripped her shoulders playfully.

Elijah gestured out to the crowd. "Oh, certainly, we worked together, Niklaus. But this vision? This was all you."

Nik was laying in bed in his room, gasping in pain from Papa Tunde's blade being embedded into his chest

Nik was laying in bed in his room, gasping in pain from Papa Tunde's blade being embedded into his chest. Elijah and Aeliana stood there watching sadly.

"This was all you," Elijah muttered, glaring at the body. Aeliana wrapped an arm around him, rubbing his back affectionately.

"What are we going to do?" She asked him softly as Cami ran into the room.

"Why did you call me? Have you found a way to help my uncle?" She got out in a rush.

Elijah shook his head. "I can try, but first, I need your help."

Cami looked at him, clearly stressed out. "I don't have time for games, Elijah. The hex on him is getting worse by the day."

"My brother has a mystical torture device buried in his chest, and the mother of his child is inexplicably missing. So, I can assure you, I have no time to play any games, either."

"What do you need me to do?"

Aeliana took a deep breath. "Basically, the blade that the witch gave you who hexed your uncle, I'm sorry about that by the way, is imbedded into his chest causing him agonizing suffering that we can't really explain. Nice to see you again, by the way."