𝟸

(AN: I'm sorry, I'm not typing 900 years worth of memories, just the small handful that Elijah has briefly mentioned to her before. I'll incorporate other important ones into the books as I write. PS: enjoy the double update (: )

993

A 16 year old Aeliana was at the River, doing her chores, complaining lowly under her breath.

"I hate laundry. This is so time consuming, why can't their be some sort of object that just does it for us?"

"Because it wouldn't be as good as you, little Ana," a male voice snuck up behind her, making her jump.

Turning, she went to whack whoever it was with her laundry board, freezing when she realized who it was.

"Elijah! You just almost got beat up with my board!" She exclaimed at her best friend.

"You're acting like it would have actually hurt me," he teased.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She challenged, dropping her laundry and crossing her arms.

"Oh, my sweet little Ana. Do you really think you can win in a fight against me?" He taunted, spreading his arms wide. He knew exactly how to get under her skin.

Not only was his teasing getting under her skin, him calling her his sweet little Ana got under her skin in other ways, considering how much she was in love with him.

Before he could even blink, she immediately tackled him to the ground. "Surprise," she whispered in his ear before getting back up. "You were saying?"

"You just got lucky, you caught me off guard," he tried to defend himself.

"Just admit it, Mikaelson. You can't beat me!" She laughed, turning around to go back to her laundry.

Before she realized what was going on, she ended up in the river. She fell into the water, which came to just below her bust, getting soaked from head to toe.

She heard Elijah laughing in the water next to her. "I think I won, Ana."

"No you didn't, Eli!" She exclaimed, jumping ontop of him, expecting for him to fall back into the water. Instead, he remained still held her close.

They both realized their close proximity, especially in the water with their clothes sticking to them. They already shared a few kisses together, but they never made anything official between them.

She blushed, looking anywhere except at him, embarrassed at her current state. She was wearing an off white dress that she usually wore for chores, considering the material was thin and she didn't care about what happened to it. It wasn't usually see through, but when it got wet, that's a different story.

"Aeliana, look at me," Elijah softly commanded. In a trance, she looked into his chocolate brown eyes, almost forgetting how to breathe.

Her eyes trailed down his body, the water preventing her from seeing much, but she saw enough, his wet shirt sticking to his skin and contouring his body perfectly.