Breaking the news

*Ray POV*

When we got there we all unloaded and me and Zo brought the kids in. I pulled Zo to the side. "Look, before you tell them I want to tell, well ask you something. Will you please be my girl friend again, I never stopped loving." I told her. She smiled and kissed me. "Yes, I will be your girl friend again. I still love you too." She told me. We walked to the living room where everyone was waiting, including her grandmother. I went and sat with everyone.

"Before I tell you who the dad is I just want to tell you, he just found out too, so don't kill him for not telling y'all or not being there for me and the kids. He really wanted to be but he didn't know about them." Zo started. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Girls, remember how I was dating this boy and I never told you his name. Well, he is the dad. And I never told him, I got scared and broke up with him. I hurt him not the other way around so please don't kill him. We are back together now and the dad is Ray." She finished. I flinched as I waited for the yelling to begin. But nothing happened. "Guys, are you gonna say something?" Zo asked after a few minutes of silence. "Uh, I think that this just took us by surprise a little. But Ray does look a lot like Ray. I guess he's Ray Jr.?" Bella asked. Zo nodded. Then Prince, Prod and Roc and even T gave me a dap and congratulated me. "We get to be called uncles now, right?" Roc asked. I laughed. "Yeah, man, y'all do. And I'm a dad." I said. I did my happy dance. Then me and Zo decided to introduce the kids to the guys. "Charity, Ray, this is Uncle Chres, Uncle Jacob and Uncle Craig." I said, pointing to each one as I said their name. "Unca Chwes, Unca Jacob, Unca Cwaig." They copied, also pointing to each one. They can't say 'R' either. "Hi, Ray. Hi, Charity." They said to the twins. "Hi." The twins told them. 

"Grandma?" Zo asked. Her grandma stood up and walked over to us. I was scared for a minute, but then she hugged me and Zo. "I am proud of you kids, taking care of your responsibilities." She said. Zo smiled big. "Thank you, Grandma. That means a lot. I want you to know that tomorrow, we are gonna change their last names to Lopez so, we are gonna miss the first few hours of school." She explained to her grandma. Her Grandma nodded. "Okay, sweetie." She told Zo. Then she looked at me. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" She asked me. "Yes, ma'am." I said. We walked into the kitchen. "Now, I trust you are gonna take care of them. I want you to promise me that. I'm not gonna be here forever, now. I want to make sure, you will take care of my grand-baby and my great grand-babies." She said. "Yes, ma'am, I promise. I will take care of all three of them. I will protect them with my life, I promise." I promise her. "Good, now, you go get Zo, then both of you come back in here. I want to tell both of you some things." She told me. "Yes, ma'am." I said. I stood up from the chair and walked in the living room.

"Zo, your grandma wants to talk to me and you." I told her. She smiled and stood up. She gave Charity to Bella. We walked back in the kitchen and sat at the table with her grandma. "I want to tell y'all both a few things. I trust this young man to take care of you and the kids. But I have some news. I'm afraid it's not good." She started. "I have stage 4 lung cancer. The doctor told me 2 months ago, that I only have three months to live. I didn't want to worry you. I've been getting treatment but, they said it isn't really helping anything. That's where I go on Monday's." She said. Zo was crying by now. She was sitting next to me so I had my arm wrapped around her and was rubbing circles on her back. Her hands were on the table so, her grandmother took her hands and held them in hers. "It's okay, baby." She told her. Zo looked up at her and gave her a weak smile. "I just don't want you to leave me. You helped me threw so much. And I can't do anything to help you threw this. It just hurts my heart. But I'm gonna pray and pray and pray and pray harder, that you'll be okay. That's all we can do. So, that's what I'm gonna do." Zo told her. "Okay, baby, and I will greatly appreciate that. Now, don't cry, you don't wanna worry your kids." She told Zo. Zo wiped her face. "Okay, grandma. I love you so much, if you need anything just tell me, okay?" Zo told her. "And you young man, I think you love my granddaughter so, always show and tell her." She told me. "Alright, y'all go on out there with your kids. I'm gonna get some drink before I come back out there. And Ray, your welcome to stay here tonight, since you guys have to leave early to change their last names." She told us. "Zo, I wanna ask your grandma something real quick, so I'll be out there in a minute." I told her. She kissed her grandma's cheek then mine and walked back to the living room.

"Ma'am—" I started but got cut off. "Call me Grandma, like Zo does." She told me with a smile. "Well, Zo told me that you helped her out and normally I would have to ask her dad, but since she cares about your opinion and not his I wanna ask, if I can have your blessing to ask Zo to marry me. Not now, but in a few months or so. But I wanna make sure that I have your blessing. And hearing the news, I want to go ahead and ask while I have the chance. So, may I have your blessing to ask Zo to marry me?" I asked. She looked at me and smiled big. "Young man, you stepped up to be a father to your kids you just found out about, you got back with the mother of your children. And if it hadn't been for what happened I'm sure you would have still been with her. So, yes, you may have my blessing." She said. I stood up and walked to her and hugged her. "Thank you, so much. That will mean a lot to Zo, to know you approve." I told her. "I know." She said, patting my back. I let go of her and she told me to go to the living room with everyone else and she will be out in a minute. I did as told.

When I walked out there, I sensed anger. "What happened out here?" I asked Zo. Everyone looked at me. "Nothing, besides the fact that Lee Lee was in here basically saying you aren't gonna be a good dad and I'm not a good mom." Zo said. I looked at her and T. "Why would you say something like that?" I asked her. "Cause, y'all are so young. What do you know about raising kids. And Zo obviously don't know anything." Lee Lee said. They twins were upstairs in bed I guess since it was 8 o'clock. "Bitch, you don't know anything. Your not a mom. I have a job. I have a roof over my kids head. I help put food on the table for them. I spend time with them. I still go to school. I juggle everything and still make sure I spend time with them. I am doing a pretty good job. So, just shut up cause your not in the situation. I know what I'm doing. And Ray has only known them for a few hours and he loves them and they love him. He wants to be there and he is gonna be." She half yelled at her. "No, your not a good mom. If you were don't you think your parents would want to be around you? You got knocked up at 16 and Ray probably ain't even the dad, cause we all know your whore ass slept with the whole state." Lee Lee shot. "Don't bring my dead beat parents in this. And no your the one that cheated on T and begged us not to tell him. You told us you would. I guess you didn't so, hey, T, did you know your girlfriend cheated on you four times, with four different dudes and she begged us not to tell you so she could when the 'time was right'? Well she did. And just so you know, the first person I ever slept with was Ray and he is the only person I have ever slept with. Your the whore. Not me. Ray is the person I have ever in my life slept with. You on the other hand, slept with, those four random dudes, Tyler, and like six other people before you and Tyler started dating. So, go some where with yo lying, slutty ass self." Zo shot back. She even put air quotations when she said 'time was right' Lee Lee looked at Tyler and he looked mad as hell. "You did what?" He asked threw clenched teeth. "Baby, I was gonna tell I just—" She started but got cut off by Tyler. "No, don't 'baby' me. It's over. We are done." He said. She looked at Zo. "Look what you just did you stupid bitch!" She yelled. "No, bitch, look what you did. You should not have cheated on him. And quit yelling with yo loud ass mouth before you wake up my kids. Actually, you know what get the fuck out of this house." She shot back. Thalia stormed out. Bella, Zo and Loni hugged T. They all told him it'll be okay. "Man, she fuckin cheated on me. I didn't even know. I was planning on asking her to marry me too. I swear you girls have perfect timing." He said. "Well, you know what they say 'You can't turn a hoe into a house wife.'" Bella joked. Everyone laughed, even Tyler. I don't know this dude but it sucked he got cheated on.

Everyone hung around for an hour before leaving. I decided to stay the night with Zo as her grandma suggested. I walked into her room after getting changed. Zo was already in bed. "Goodnight, Zo. I love you." I said. She turned and gave me a kiss. "I love you, too. Goodnight." She said. Then we laid down and went to bed. My arms were around her waist and her head on my chest.

(A/N What do you think? Let me know. There is more drama to come.)