Parks To Lopez

*Ray POV*

I woke up at 7:30 because the alarm was going off. Zo was still sleeping. "Baby, get up." I told her. "Ion wanna." She mumbled. "We gotta get up and get the kids ready. Remember we are gonna get their last names changed." I reminded. She smiled and opened her eyes. "Good morning." She told me. "Mornin' Sunshine." I told her. She smiled. "Let's go get our kids ready." I told her. She got up. We went into the kids room. "Charity, it's time to get up." Zo cooed to Charity. "Ray, you can go ahead and start waking up Junior over there." She told me. "He answers to Junior?" I ask. She nodded. "Yeah, I call him Junior all the time. He looks and acts like you." She told me. I smiled. I went over to Junior's crib. "Junior, get up." I said. It was more of a coo though. He got up and I brought him to the changing table where Zo was changing Charity. I got started on changing Junior's diaper. I had little brothers and sisters so, I already know how to do that. Once, we were done, we had to get them dressed. Zo handed me some clothes for him. "Thank you." I told her. She smiled and changed Charity. Once we were done we sat them on the play mat that was in the middle of the floor. "I'll watch them while you take a shower and brush your teeth and stuff." Zo told me. I thanked her and pecked her lips before going back to her room. I looked threw the bags of stuff I bought yesterday. I got out everything I needed. Then I went in the bathroom and did my hygiene thing.

When I got done, I went back to the kids' room. "Zo, I'll watch them now, so you can get ready." I told her. She thanked me then went to get ready. I sat down and played with the kids. They were giggling and screaming. Not like scared screams like happy screams. They were crawling around everywhere. I like this feeling. I'm only 18 but being a dad is the most amazing feeling in the world. Zo finished in 30 minutes. "Mommy" Charity cheered. She crawled over to Zo. "Hey, baby." She said picking her up. "Can they walk yet?" I asked. She shook her head. "No, but they're trying." She told me. She sat down and started tickling Charity. Junior must have gotten jealous cause he went over to them and Zo started tickling him too. Then Grandma came in and told us we had to go to the place to get their last names changed. She said now would be the best time to go cause not many people would be there. Me and Zo loaded the kids up in her car since mine is at my house. I told Zo I would drive and she let me. 

Ray- "So, can you tell me what I missed since they were born?"

Zo- "Yeah, what do you wanna know?"

Ray- "What was their first word?"

Zo- "Charity was momma and Junior was dada"

Ray- "When's there birthday?"

Zo- "June 20th, 2013"

Ray- "So, there birthday is coming up soon?"

Zo- *Pouts a little* "Yup, my babies are gonna be one soon."

Ray- "Our babies"

Zo- "Our babies are gonna be one soon." *Pouts a little again*

Ray- *Smiles* "I like the sound of that."

Zo- "Yeah, me too."

Ray- "Am I on their birth certificate?"

Zo- "Yeah, I hoped one day I would have the courage to tell you and you would want to be with them."

Ray- *Grabs her hand with one of his and keeps the other on the wheel* "I love them and I love you and I want us to be a family."

Zo- *Smiles* "Me too, Ray, me too."

I pulled up at the court house and we got out the car. "Let's go change their last names." Zo said, determined. She carried Charity in as I carried in Junior. We walked in and went to the area we were supposed to. (A/N I don't know what it is called.) We walked up to the desk. "Good morning, what do y'all need today?" The lady said, smiling at us. At least this lady is nice. I don't like the mean ones, they scare me. "We need to change their last names." Zo told her. She sounded so grown up and nice. "Okay, can you just show me their birth certificates and I will take care of it." She told Zo. Zo pulled out a folder from her purse and took out to pieces of paper and handed them to her. She put them in this little scan thingy and then gave them back to Zo. She started typing on her computer. "What do you need to change their last names to?" She asked. "Lopez." She told her. The lady typed more. "L-O-P-E-Z?" She spelled. "Yes, ma'am." Zo told her. She typed more. Then some paper got printed out. She handed them to Zo. "Here you go, that is gonna be $2,000." She said. (A/N I don't know how much it really cost to change your last name but I know it cost a lot.) I went in my pocket and pulled out my credit card. "Can you take this?" I asked. She shook her head. "But there is an ATM, right out side the building." She said. "I will be right back." I told them. I walked as quickly as I could to the ATM. I got out the amount of money I needed. I walked back and paid the lady. "Thank you. Y'all have a nice day." She told me, handing me a receipt. "You too." Zo said, smiling. When we got out of the building Zo said "Now, my babies are Lopez's" I laughed. "Yup, and one day your gonna be too. Just so you know." I said. "Zonnique Love Lopez. Sounds good to me." She said. "Well, you wanna go get some breakfast then take the kids home with grandma then go to school?" I asked. She nodded and we walked to the car and buckled up the twins then we got in.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked her. "McDonalds." She said. "Same thing you always get?" I asked her. "Yeah, if you remember." She said. I pulled up to the drive threw thing. "Welcome to McDonalds what can I get you?" Someone asked. "I need two chicken sandwiches, two big macs, three large fries, two cokes, a sweet tea, a large vanilla milkshake, and" I started. I looked at Zo. "What can the kids eat?" I asked. "Fries." She said. "And a medium fry." I finished. "Is that all?" They asked. "Yes." I said. "Look at the screen and make sure everything is correct." I looked at the screen and it was. "It is." I told them. "Your total is $16.42." She said. I pulled up to the first window and gave her a twenty. She gave me my change and I pulled to the second window. "I can't believe you remembered." She said. I laughed. "After all the times we went to McDonalds, of course I remember." I told her. Then they were handing me our food. I gave Zo hers and the kids'. She blew off some fries for them and gave them the fries. "Thank you, Ray. Tell daddy thank you." She told the kids. "Tank ou daddy." They said in unison. "Your welcome." I told them. I ate my food as I was driving and so did Zo and the kids. By the time we got to her grandma's we had ate our food. When we took the kids in I gave her grandmaw the two chicken sandwiches, a large fry and the sweet tea. "Here, this is yours." I told her. "Thank you, sweet pea." She told me. "No problem, we're gonna head to school now." I said. "Alright, be careful and have a good day." She told us. Zo hugged her and kissed her cheek. I did the same. "Love you, grandmaw." She said. "Love you too, Zo and I love you too, Ray." She told us. "Love you too, grandmaw." I told her. I held Zo's hand and we walked out the door and to the car, with our school stuff. I drove to school with one hand on the wheel and the other in hers.

(A/N Let me know what you think. The next chapter is gonna have drama since the last two have been really boring.)