41. T

"Hailey, real relationships that last involve a lot of forgiveness. You have to accept the fact that your partner isn't perfect and will hurt you, disappoint you, and upset you. You have to figure out, if you're willing to go through ups and downs with them." Rachel says to me through to phone. I told her about mine and Harry's recent argument. She was almost in tears from laughing so much over Harry's accusation that there was something more to my friendship with Jake. 

"There's only a certain amount of forgiveness that I can give. These problems that we are facing have been recurring for years. If I continue to forgive Harry every time without consequences, then he is going to keep making those mistakes because he knows he can get away with it."

"As I said, you have to figure out if you're willing to go through these ups and downs with him. You don't just have you and Harry to consider. You also have your two girls."

"Why do you think I have stayed with him for so long? I love Harry, I really do. But things have never been easy since we have been together. Sometimes I wish that I never caught feelings and that we stayed friends. Things were better then."

"Then you wouldn't have your two girls."

I nod my head as I hang up the last piece of clothing from my pile of ironing. "You're right, I take back what I said. This is all just so complicated."

"Why don't you and Harry go away for a few nights? He has just come back from tour. You haven't caught a break. Take some time just you two and maybe you will find your spark again."

"I don't want to leave the girls. We are a family. If we go away, it is as a family. Harry just got back from tour and we visited him on tour a couple of weeks ago. You did give me an idea though. Maybe we should take the girls to the zoo tomorrow. Do you want to come?"

"I'm working but Aaron and the kids might want to tag along. Will Harry be alright with another male coming though? He won't turn London and Sydney in the opposite direction when my sexy man walks your way?"

I laugh at her. "Stop it Rachel."

"If you want me to stop, why are you laughing?"

 We share a laugh together. 

"I'll go mention the zoo to Harry and I will text you to let Aaron know if Harry says yes. Thank you for listening to my shit for the last half an hour."

"That's what sisters are for. I love you, bye."

"Love you, bye."

I put down my phone, turn off the iron and walk downstairs to see Harry sitting on the lounge with London. Sydney is in her crawler, watching tv and Harry and London are watching something on Harry's phone. I can hear music and it doesn't take me long to realise what song it is.

Stockholm Syndrome. 

"Is that me?" London asks Harry as she grabs his phone to take a closer look.

"Yes it is. Grandma Anne took that video and it was your third concert."

"My third?"

"Yes, I remember it as if it were yesterday. The first two times you were backstage but your Mum decided to surprise me and bring you into the pit."

"I am so small."

"Yeah." Harry laughs. "The headphones on your head were almost as big as you."

London chuckles. "I look like Syd."

He kisses the top of her head. "You are both so beautiful." 

The video ends and London presses the play button again. "One more time, one more time." She tells Harry.