46. Sick To My Stomach

The following morning, I wake up with my now one year old daughter by my side. She is cuddling into my side with her right hand on her cheek. Her plump pink lips slowly move as she is in a deep slumber. Her light brown hair is sprawled out on the bed beneath her. She truly is beautiful. 

I reach over for my phone and turn it on, having no idea what time it is. I slept through the entire night, only waking once to feed Syd. I brought her into my room and shortly after, heard Harry come home. After Sydney's party, he put the girls to bed and went out. He is a good father, I won't criticise him for that. Lately he hasn't been a good partner though. I'm not innocent in all of this. I could have treated him better too. I just cant help but be angry, stubborn and critical when he drinks and keeps secrets from me. 

When my phone turns on, I barely have time to look at the clock because I see multiple notifications from my friend Scarlett who I haven't seen since I lived in LA. We speak every now and then and always like each others posts on social media, but she is a blast from my past. 

2 missed calls, 2 DMs and 3 text messages. 

Scarlett Summers: Hey babe, sorry to call you randomly. I hope you have been well. Give me a call when you can, yeah? xx

Scarlett Summers: I just realised the whole time zone thing and realised that you are probably asleep. I'll send you the video. It could be about any of the guys, but I just thought you should know. 

Scarlett Summers: 1 video attachment. 

I click on the video and before I press play, I can immediately tell that this is footage from a party because the lighting is dark with a few dim lights and brightly coloured glow sticks. I press play and it is really noisy due to many conversations and music playing in the background. 

Four girls and two guys are seen in the video, but I assume there are more around, including the person who is taking the video. Scarlett then comes into view and she sits on one of the guys laps. That's when I notice one of the girls who are sitting beside them. 

Fucking Tatiana. 

They are playing a game of shots where you take a shot if the sentence relates to you. 

"Take a shot if your body count is double digits." One of the girls says and a few of them take a shot. Tatiana being one of them. 

"Take a shot if you have joined the mile high club." The guy who Scarlett is sitting on, takes a shot and she glares at him. Tatiana shakes her head and continues holding her cup in her lap. 

"Take a shot if you have slept with an A-list celebrity." Scarlett says and she takes a shot, along with two others. Tatiana is one of them. Okay, A-list celebrity. They live in LA, that could be anyone. 

The girl beside Tatiana looks at her and a sly grin makes its way onto her face. "Take another shot if it was a member of One Direction."

Tatiana tells the girl to shut up while laughing, but the girl picks up her cup and holds it up to Tatiana's mouth. She drinks from the cup and I notice the look on Scarlett's face. Her once happy and smiley facial expression falls. 

"Who?" Scarlett asks. "Which band member?" She presses once Tatiana ignores her.

Tatiana stands up and hands her cup to the guy next to her. "Nah, I'm out. I don't want to play this game anymore." After Tatiana walks off, the video stops and I am frozen in motion. My body is completely numb except for the uneasy feeling in my stomach.

I feel sick to my stomach. 

I play the video again and then call Scarlett, having a thousand questions to ask her. Including whether or not she was able to find out which band member it was. Unfortunately, she doesn't answer.