19. Aladdin

The roles were reversed last night. Usually Harry spends the night in London's room while I co-sleep with Sydney. However, this time I slept in London's bed with her while Harry co-slept with Sydney. She only woke once for a feed and Harry went back to sleep quickly, so I was thankful that I didn't have to communicate with him.

I didn't call my sister and have a cry to her on the phone. Harry wasn't wrong, usually I would do that. Instead I am going to vent to her in about thirty seconds time as I am walking through the gym doors. I arrived 10 minutes earlier today so that I can get in a little more venting before my scheduled session with Jake.

Speaking of Jake, he is sitting at the front desk and is the first face that I see. When his eyes land on me, he glances down at his watch. "Good morning, you're here early. Are you that keen to train this morning?"

I laugh at him. "Morning. No, I'm actually here early to speak to my sister."

"You going to complain about me? Did I push you a little too hard yesterday?"

"Dude, I literally woke up so sore this morning. I feel as though every muscle hurts. Even muscles that we didn't even train."

"You need to have that protein powder I told you about. It helps with muscle recovery."

"Alright, I'll buy some on my way out."

"I recommend the salted caramel, but vanilla is our most popular." He points over to the left where there is a table set up with products for sale. "Also, your sister is in her office. In a meeting with Carmen as we speak."

"Damn, well I guess Aaron will do."

"Aaron is with a client. Anything I can help with?"

I smile at him. "Thank you, but it's family stuff. I wouldn't want to bore you."

"Try me. I'm not only a good PT, but I am quite a good listener too if I say so myself."

As nice as it would be to get it off my chest, it isn't the right thing for me to do by expressing my feelings about Harry to someone I barely know.

"You know, I have a better idea."

Five minutes later, my hands are all strapped up and Jake is fitting me for gloves. "How do those one's feel?" He asks me as he tightens the strap on my right hand.

"Yeah, these fit good." I punch my boxing gloves together as I jog on the spot. "Let's go."

We begin sparring together because I suggested boxing as an alternative for today's workout. It is a great form of exercise and I also get to release all of my anger that I have been holding in. Jake holds up the pad and I hit it hard.

"Wow, easy there tiger. We start off at 70% and gradually work our way up. This is just the warm up. You don't want to tire yourself out right away.

I let out a laugh before apologising. "Sorry, I got a little carried away."

"Jeez, someone must have really pissed you off this morning."

"It was last night actually." I continue hitting the pad as he moves it about in different locations.

After our boxing session, I feel a billion times better. I am completely exhausted and even more sweaty than usual, but I feel mentally so much better.

"I've got to go to my next client now, but don't forget that protein powder." Jake says to me as he cleans the equipment we just used and puts it back away neatly.

After taking a large sip from my drink bottle, I pop the lid back on it and nod my head at him. "Yes, I won't forget. I'll even take your word for it and get the salted caramel."