48. What The Hell Happened?

I scan my access card as I enter the gym and am slightly startled when I look up to see my sister standing in front of the gate. "Hello, hello my sweet sister."

"Hey Rach, how's things?"

"Yeah, not bad. A shit tonne of paper work to do, but slowly getting there with it. How are you? You look like you haven't slept in days."

"Sydney is sick so I was up half of the night with her. Oh, and Harry and I broke up?"

She was going to find out sooner or later, so I thought I would bring it up casually in conversation. The reason I physically look like shit is because I really haven't slept much. However, internally my heart has been broken so of course that makes my physical appearance look worse. 

"I'm sorry, what? What the hell happened?" Are Rachel's first words in response to the news. "I thought you two were trying to sort through your complications. Shit, I didn't expect you to actually break up."

"It's what is best. We were arguing way too much and hurting each other's feelings. It wasn't healthy and if we didn't make the decision to end things now then I'm afraid things would have got much worse."

"So did you end up finding out if he had hooked up with that brunette bitch or anything?"

I press my lips together, trying not to laugh at my sisters bluntness. "No, he said that nothing went on between him and Tatiana. She is a lawyer and apparently their secret calls were because he was receiving legal advice."

She raises her eyebrows. "Um, for what? Did he steal someones song?"

"No, she specialises in family law. He received legal advice on child custody. If we were to ever break up."

"What the fuck? I'm sorry Hailey, but that's fucked. Why would he do that? You guys were still together, yet he was looking into the possibility of you two breaking up."

I shrug my shoulders. "I guess he was right, we ended up breaking up."

"No honey, I don't agree with that. That makes me angry."

"What makes you angry my darling?" Aaron appears behind her and wraps his arms around her while kissing her cheek. "Hey Hailey."

"Hey Aaron."

"Hailey and Harry broke up." Rachel wastes no time in coming out with the truth to Aaron.

Aaron immediately lets go of Rachel and walks over to me, pulling me into a hug. "Oh kid, I'm so sorry." 

"It's okay, we will be okay."

"If you do need anything, we are always here for you. You know that right."

I nod my head while hugging him tightly still. Aaron gives the best hugs. "Thanks Aaron."

"Do I need to beat him up? Knock some sense into him? I really do like the guy, but if he has done something to upset you then you know I-"

I let go of him and pat him on the shoulder. "It's alright Aaron, it was actually more of my doing. While it was a mutual agreement to break up, I was the one who called upon the conversation to happen."

"Well I mean it, I am always here. Fists ready." He holds out his fists and pretends to jab a few times. 

I laugh. "Thank you."

"Wow, why does old mate have the fists out?" Jake appears from around the corner because our session is ready to commence. 

"Oh nothing, he's just being typical Aaron. Ready to start?"

Jake nods his head. "Always ready. Let's go to the stretching station, yeah?"

I walk with Jake towards the stretching station and make small-talk. "So how was your weekend?"