23. Uber Eats

I'm laying in bed with London and Harry is kneeling beside her bed. He just read the story 'One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish' by Dr. Seuss.

Harry let's out a yawn and I can tell that he is overtired now. He has a big day ahead of him tomorrow, including an early wake up in less than 6 hours.

"What are three things that you learnt today princess?" He asks while stroking her forehead and leaning towards her.

London hums to herself and closes her eyes while she thinks about her day at school.

"To write my name in the lines."

"Great."

"To count the bears."

"What kind of bears?" I ask her.

She holds her hand up and pinches her forefinger and thumb together. "The so small ones. They're red and blue and yellow and one more colour but I forget."

"Did you do counting with them?" Harry asks.

She nods her head. "I picked up the card and when it was number four I picked up four bears. But Archer was taking all of the red bears. He wasn't sharing."

"Maybe a goal for Archer this year at school will be to learn to share." I suggest as I wriggle closer to her and cuddle her arm. London placed her other hand on my head and lightly taps my cheek.

"I think yes." She takes a deep breath before speaking again. "And my one, two, three things that I learned is also-also to pack away the books tidy."

"So name writing, counting the bears and packing away the books tidily." Harry repeats the three things that London has mentioned over the last three minutes.

"Yes. I learned more at school but I forget."

"There's just too many things to remember in that big brain of yours. Always being inquisitive and learning new things."

"What's that word?" London asks Harry.

"What word?"

"Inquinky or something."

He chuckles lightly. "Inquisitive means that you are curious and always question things because you want to keep learning more."

"What does curious mean?"

"That you are interested to know."

"What does interested mean?"

Harry kisses London's forehead before standing up. "Alright, that's enough questions. Time for you to get some shut eye. Daddy also needs to."

"What does shut eye me-" she pauses as Harry eyes her warningly and she laughs at him, knowing that he caught onto her sarcastically asking him another question.

"Goodnight baby. I love you past the moon and back..." they both write the infinity symbol in the air and say "times infinity" in synch.

"Also today I got my special tub and that is where I put all of my things."

"Did you get to write your name on a piece of paper and decorate it? Then stick it on your tub?" I ask London curiously, remembering that's what I did each year in primary school.

"Yes!" She replies excitedly. "Did you see my tub?"

"No, but mummy did that at school too."

"You're not in my school mum. You're too old."

I laugh at her. "That's the first time someone has called me old. I'm used to everyone telling me that I'm too young" I say while tickling her. She laughs while pushing my hands away.