21. First Day Of School

"I think you're going to need more than one packet." Harry nods his head towards my purse where I just placed a packet of tissues inside. 

I shake my head and zip my bag closed. After throwing it over my shoulder, I iron out my outfit with my hands and take another look in the mirror. "I'm going to try to hold back my tears. But I put on waterproof mascara just incase."

"I didn't say the packet was for you."

I walk over to him and pull him into a hug. Harry rests his head on my shoulder and I hear a heavy sigh escape his lips. "I can't believe our little girl is off to school."

After our embrace, we begin heading downstairs where London is with my parents, eating breakfast. 

"I know, it felt like yesterday that I was standing in the bathroom of my parents house, freaking out because the pregnancy test I had taken was positive." 

"The fact that I wasn't there with you when you found out, still upsets me."

"You were there for most of my pregnancy and you're here now. You are here for both of our girls and that's all that matters."

He gives me a slight nod of his head as he reaches the bottom step. "Yeah, I guess."

Mum already has her phone out and ready to capture our family pictures. Dad is pulling faces at Sydney who is smiling happily at him while in his arms. 

"Alright you lot, let's get these photos. Where is the best lighting?"

Harry looks over at me with widened eyes. "Did I just hear your mother, the one who still had her old flip phone and disposable camera up until 2 years ago, talk about lighting? Who created this monster?"

Mum slaps Harry's shoulder and points to the living room. "Shut up, I am modern now. Stand over there by the grey wall and let me see how the photo will turn out." She instructs him and Harry does as he is told. He stands in front of the wall and poses for my Mum by standing to the side and throwing his arms out to the side. He has an open mouth smile and waits for her to snap some pictures. "Yeah, there is good."

"How's the lighting? Was the phone in focus? Don't tell me your finger was covering the lens."

"Hailey, why didn't you fall for Zayn or Niall? It had to be this one, didn't it."

I laugh at her.

"That's not funny." Harry says, unimpressed with her. 

"Neither is mocking my photography skills."

"Alright, let's see if little miss will stay happy and smile for us in these pictures." I take Sydney from my Dad and place her on my hip. Harry wipes London's face and checks to see if her hair is still neat. I did her hair in two braids for her first day of school with little red ribbons in the ends to match her red and blue uniform. 

London stands in front of Harry and I. Harry places one hand on London's shoulder and his other hand on my waist. I am leaning into Harry while holding Sydney. 

"Everybody say cheese!" Mum says as she holds the phone up in front of her face. 

"Is Sydney smiling?" I ask through gritted teeth as I try to smile and speak at the same time. I can't look down at her because I don't want to look away from the camera. 

"Sydney, smile for Poppy. Where's that beautiful smile?" Dad pulls faces at her and I quickly glance down to see that she is staring blankly at him. A few seconds later, once he pokes his tongue out and tugs on his ears, Sydney begins laughing at him. 

"That one was perfect. Come have a look." Mum says, holding the phone out to us. Harry bends down and scoops up London. He tips her upside down while holding her dress so that it doesn't fly up. London erupts into a fit of laughter as Harry tickles her stomach and tells her that she can't go to school now because he is going to hold her here like this all day.