11. Ultimatum

"Hailey." Harry's deep voice fills my unconscious thoughts. "Hailey." His voice beams again, this time a little louder. I feel two hands on my arm, shaking my body awake.

My eyes burst open and I immediately clutch onto the first thing that I see.

Harry.

"What the fuck?" I let go of the collar of his shirt and lay back down on my pillow. I close my eyes for a moment and take a couple of deep breaths to steady my heartbeat. "I thought you were in my dreams."

"That wouldn't be the first time that somebody has told me that." He laughs quietly to himself before clearing his throat and putting on more of a serious facial expression. He sits up upright and clutches his hands together. "Hailey."

"Yes Harry? Also weren't you supposed to be getting in at 11?"

"It is 11." He glances down at the watch on his wrist. "11:13 to be exact."

For the second time this morning, my eyes burst open and I immediately sit up. "Shit, I didn't mean to sleep in this long. I have a phone call with London's teacher in literally two minutes."

Harry leans over me and hands me my phone. "There you go, you're sweet."

"My voice sounds all groggy and my thoughts are deluded. I should have been up an hour ago."

Harry frowns at me and gets up off the bed. He follows me into the bathroom where I begin washing my face with cool water for an extra wake up boost.

"Is the teacher going to give you a spelling test or something?"

After sending him a glare through the side of my eyes, I reach to the right side of the sink to pick up the cloth. I wipe my face with the soft material while Harry's previous remark replays over in my head. "Hilarious. You are such a comedian."

"I can take the call. I'm good with teachers."

I shake my head. "No, it's fine. I will do it."

"I get that London starting school is a huge deal and all, but this is just the introductory phone call right? Her orientation isn't until next Wednesday."

"You'll be here for it, right?"

Harry let's out a sigh and hands me my face hydrating face mist. I spray this every few hours because my skin is so damn dry all the time. I did my morning skin care after getting back from the gym this morning, but this adds extra hydration. Especially after setting my face again. Mum said she would occupy the girls while I got some more sleep. Sydney was up for most of the night so I am exhausted.

"Aren't you going to ask why I woke you up?"

My phone begins ringing and I hold my finger up at Harry to silence him for the moment. I sprint out of the bathroom and pick up my phone from the bed.

"Hello, this is Hailey Hayes speaking."

"Good morning Miss Hayes, this is London Styles' mother, correct?"

"Yes, that's right."

"First of all, on her enrolment forms her middle name is listed. Would you like London Anne Styles listed on her records, or just London Styles?"

I try to think back to when I was in primary school. I don't ever remember my middle name being mentioned.

"First and last name is fine."

"Wonderful. So my name is Elena Fitzgibbon and the students will formally know me as Ms Fitzgibbon. Our orientation day is next Wednesday the 19th of January. This will be a day of getting London settled into her new environment and you, the parent getting to know the schedule and hearing about the syllabus in which we will be following in the classroom."