36. Harry's Home

I walk into London's room to see her sleeping on her side, cuddling her pillow with one leg throw over it as she must have felt too warm to have that leg under the covers.

"Can you see her?" I flip the camera and show Harry his sleeping angel through FaceTime. I've been on the phone to him for almost an hour already. He was telling me about his final show and how he isn't feeling as emotional as he thought he would. To my surprise, he mentioned how hewoke up without a hangover because he had a few drinks while celebrating at the venue. Then he headed back to his hotel and packed for his early flight to Australia. He is on the plane as we speak. 

"She looks nice and comfortable. Time to change that." Harry says with a cheeky grin on his face. I flip the camera back so that Harry will be able to see London's face when she sleepily picks up the phone. I place the phone down on the pillow beside her head and I hear Harry clear his throat. 

"Good morning, good morning! Hello, and how are you? Early in the morning, I say good morning. Hello, and how are you?" Harry sings the good morning song by the singing walrus to London. She has loved singing that song ever since she could talk. 

London shakes her head from side to side before rolling onto her back and slowly raising her head. She glances around the room and I stand there laughing by the doorway. The phone slips off the pillow and her hand roams around the bed until she finds it. London sits up with the phone in her hand and sluggishly says, "good morning Daddy." She rubs her right eye and slowly rests her head back down on the pillow. "I thought you were in my room."

"I am in your room. Just a smaller, more pixilated version of me." Pixilated because despite having a wifi connection miles up in the sky, the connection this morning hasn't been the best. 

"I don't know what pixi-whatever, that word is."

Harry chuckles before explaining what pixilated means to London. I leave them be and give her some time to wake up and have a chat to her Dad, while I go downstairs and make her some breakfast. I was up extra early this morning so I whipped up a batch of scones. I made them while speaking to Harry and he said he could smell them through the phone. London loves scones and it is a special treat for her, but I made them especially for my Mum to drop over to her place as a little pick me up. 

I'm feeling extremely little nervous about my blood tests today. So much lies within the fate of this test. If I am a match, I could extend my mother's life for many more years. If not, then she will remain on the long waiting list and I don't even want to think about if they can't find her a kidney match in time. 

*

After dropping London to school, Sydney and I have some time to kill before driving to the hospital for my blood test. I could have stopped by my parent's place to give Mum the scones, but I know that my parent's would want me to stay for a scone and cup of tea with them. That's a little hard when I am fasting for my blood test. I haven't told them about it and I won't tell them until I receive my results. Mum made it clear that she doesn't want Rachel and I to donate her a kidney, but I am hoping she will change her mind if I am a match. 

"We have arrived at your favourite park Syd." I point to the Campbell Street park, through the window. Sydney ignores me completely and instead stares out the opposite window which has a gorgeous view of Campbell River. It is an overcast day today with cloudy conditions, but the river still looks beautiful. 

I put sunscreen on Sydney and she fights my hands away while I attempt to put the cream on her face. This girl hates sunscreen with a passion. 

"Would you rather live in the UK? I think you would. You get to play in the snow instead of having to put on this slimy sunscreen every day. Oh, but what do you hate even more than sunscreen?" I ask her and she whines when I pick up her pink hat with white spots. I try to put it on her head, but she pushes my hands away.