Chapter IV. Forced Marriage

It's nighttime, I walk through the secret tunnels alone after Ned sends Gwen to me to meet him in the dungeon. The Traitor's Walk is a pathway leading to a squat, half-round tower. The top floor holds cells for prisoners kept in a degree of comfort, such as knights or lordlings who might be ransomed, while the entrance to the dungeons sits on the ground floor.

The other floors between contain rooms for the King's Justice, the Chief Gaoler, and the Lord Confessor. The dungeon entrance consists of a door of hammered iron and another door of splintered grey wood. King Maegor I Targaryen ordered that the dungeons below the squat tower have four levels.

The uppermost level has cells with high narrow windows where common criminals are confined together. The second level has smaller, personal cells without windows for highborn captives. Torches in the halls cast light through the bars.

The third level cells, the black cells, are smaller still and have doors of wood so that no light enters them, but they have not been used in recent years.

The lowest level is used for torture. It is supposedly safer to go through the fourth level of the dungeons in darkness because there are things one would not wish to see. The dungeon has twisting turnpike stairs and iron gates.

A path from the lowest level leads to the chamber of the dragon mosaic below the Tower of the Hand and to the Blackwater Rush.

I arrive and find Jory giving me his back standing alone looking at the main door, I walk slowly and jump on his back as I do always with him and Jon.

Jory flips me on the floor on my back and he wonders "Lyanna"

I wince in pain "You aware I am with child"

Jory helps me up "I am sorry, I thought you were a stalker"

"I am sure of that" I clean the dress from the dust "I always do that"

"Are you okay? And the babe?"

"We're fine" Jory gives me a look "Check yourself" I grab his hand and put it on my belly "Feel it"

Jory smiles "Small belly"

I laugh "Yes, What is going on?"

"All I know, is I have to bring you here"

"Why?" Baelor comes in wearing his house color clothes "Really what's going on?"

Bash shrugs "I don't know, Lord Stark ordered me to come here. wearing this"

Ned comes looking at us "You're here, good."

"Lord Stark"

"I spoke to your father in the morning and we came up with something."

I wonder "Your father is here."

Bash widens his eyes "My father is here"

Lord Letyon Hightower get in. Leyton is Hightower's current lord and Leyton his heir. Leyton smiles "With his fat and flesh."

I smile "Lord Leyton"

Letyon gives me a smile "The last time I saw you you were thirteen, you are taller"

I smile with a nod.

Ned to Bash "We made a decision for you."

Leyton sighs "You're getting married now, Baelor."

Jory tries not to laugh "Look at fate"

Ned gave him an angry look.

Bash asks "What?"

I ask "Why did you want to let him marry? Who is the bride?"

Ned explains "Kenna Stone, someone should protect her. She's a bastard, like Lyanna. I can't trust anyone to protect her and her sister but you."