Chapter 28 - The Scarf

Having gone through the twists and turns of history, the artifacts that finally have the opportunity to reappear before people carry their unique beauty.

Through the thick glass wall, Hua Jin saw a replica of a phoenix robe. Even as a replica, the garment was still so beautiful. She wondered how dazzling the original phoenix robe must have been thousands of years ago.

"You like this kind of clothing?" Pei Yan noticed Hua Jin staring at the phoenix robe in a daze and smiled. "I thought only emperors could use this kind of pattern, with dragon motifs on phoenix robes."

"Different dynasties have different regulations," Hua Jin sighed. "They say it took dozens of top-notch embroiderers nearly two years to complete the original phoenix robe. I work in the handicraft industry, and I have to say that the mechanization of everyday items is a good thing. It allows once magnificent and expensive things to become ordinary objects that even ordinary people can afford."

"I thought you were regretting not being able to see the original piece," Pei Yan said, somewhat surprised. "Don't you want more people to buy handicrafts?"

"In this day and age, the replacement of manual work with mechanical automation is an inevitable process of productivity development. What we can do is preserve this craft, continuously innovate, and prevent it from disappearing in the torrents of time," Hua Jin spoke softly so as not to disturb others' enjoyment. Pei Yan had to bend over and turn his head to hear what she was saying.

"I didn't expect you to have such ideological awareness."

"As traditional artisans, we want more people to appreciate the beauty of handicrafts, rather than solely aiming to expand this industry. We don't wish for the progress of the entire world to slow down," Hua Jin chuckled lightly. "We are inheritors, not annoying detractors."

Pei Yan fell silent.

"Do you feel that I am particularly majestic and tall right now?" Hua Jin saw Pei Yan's silence and covered her mouth, smiling smugly.

Pei Yan: "..."

This woman always manages to kick him back when he starts to have a different opinion of her.

After finishing the entire exhibition, Hua Jin's legs were trembling from exhaustion. She leaned against the passenger seat, barely breathing, feeling like she had lost half of her life.

"You're always sitting there embroidering flowers and plants, your physical stamina is so weak," Pei Yan raised the temperature of the air conditioning in the car and threw a blanket to Hua Jin. "Find some time to exercise and strengthen your body, it's better than anything else."

"I'm just a delicate young woman, it's natural to have poor physical stamina," Hua Jin pulled the blanket up. "How can you say such things about me?"

"Straighten out your tongue before you speak properly," Pei Yan touched the goosebumps on his arm. "Otherwise, I'll throw you down."

Hua Jin pouted, "Send me back?"

"It's only 2 p.m. now, you're not hungry, but I am," Pei Yan started the car. "Let's go eat first."

The restaurant where they had their meal was not unfamiliar to Hua Jin. It was the same courtyard where they had the private cooking last time. As it was dark then, Hua Jin discovered a small lotus pond in the courtyard this time, with beautiful koi swimming in it.

She sat by the railing in the pavilion by the pond, took out her phone, and recorded a video of the koi.

"What are you doing?" Pei Yan felt that he might never be able to understand Hua Jin's thought process.