Chapter 59 Courage

Hua Jin pushed open the door, and saw Pei Yan lying pitifully on the bed, looking at the door with watery eyes, like a helpless little puppy. Her heart softened in an instant, and she walked quickly to the bed, and reached out to touch his forehead: "It's still a little hot, and your face is so bad, have you eaten in the morning?"

    "I don't have an appetite, I don't want to eat." Pei Yan grabbed Hua Jin's hand, "I was dizzy and nauseous, but I felt much better when I saw you."

   "You're still not honest when you're sick, what sweet words." Hua Jin looked at the drops bottle, there was still a third of the liquid left inside, she sighed and looked at his hand with the needle, "I'll go and make you fruit porridge, you rest for a while."

"Don't go." Pei Yan grabbed her hand, "Just sit here with me for a while, okay?"

   Seeing him looking at her eagerly, Hua Jin sat back on the bed and adjusted the quilt for him: "Then I'll wait until the bottle of water is finished before going down."

"Good." Pei Yan looked at the side of Hua Jin's face and put his face to her palm, "originally I intended to take you to Dr. Lin tomorrow to see, to give you a new ointment, it seems that we can only go a few days later."

" My knee is an old problem, it makes no difference if it's a day early or a day late." Hua Jin sighed, "Take care of your own body first so I can rest assured."

    Pei Yan was not in a good mood, so he insisted on talking to Hua Jin After talking for a while, he fell into a drowsy sleep. Hua Jin got up and touched his forehead, a thin layer of sweat emerged from it.

    Sweating is a good thing, and the fever should subside later.

    Going downstairs to ask the doctor to change the medicine for Pei Yan, Hua Jin asked her auntie to take her to the kitchen. The kitchen of Pei Yan's house is very large, with all kinds of kitchen utensils, some of which have never been seen before.

There was a chef in the kitchen stewing soup. When she saw her enter, she was first a little surprised, but when she found out that it was the helper aunt who accompanied her in, she showed a smile.

    Huajin's cooking skills are not very exquisite, but since she was a child, she has been doing laundry and cooking, at least it can reach the standard of normal home cooking. Maybe it's because she had to cook every day when she was a child, and she was scolded if she couldn't do it well. After she came to this city and lived alone, she became less enthusiastic about cooking.

    When she was a child, the living conditions were not good, and she had a poor appetite after a cold and fever. If it happened to be the season of fruit harvest, grandma would cook for her with rock sugar and fruit. She ate it in her mouth, and her mouth was full of sweetness.

    When I was young, the sweetness of rock candy could touch my heart, and even after more than ten years, I would never forget it.

    After preparing the ingredients for the fruit porridge, Huajin began to cook the porridge slowly in a casserole. When she added fruit later, she asked the chef, "Is there any sugar in the kitchen?"

    "Sugar?" There are different kinds of sugar in each jar, "Yes, but Mr. Pei doesn't like too sweet food."

    "I see, thank you for letting me know." Hua Jin scooped up a grain of rock sugar with a sugar spoon and threw it Into the bubbling porridge. The rock sugar was quickly submerged by the porridge and soup, and it was never seen again.

    Gently stirring the porridge in the casserole with a wooden spoon, Hua Jin turned off the fire to the minimum: "Ten minutes later, please turn off the fire for me, I'll go upstairs and have a look."