Chapter 5 - A Story of Human Warmth

The rich-flavored milky white chocolate lies quietly in his palm, and the sweet and greasy taste penetrates into the nose.

"You, you woman, How come you don't know what it means to act appropriately?!" He held chocolate in his palm, and his hands shook like as if he is holding a dynamite bag.

Taking advantage of the slightly dim light in the corridor, Hua Jin noticed that the other party's cheeks and ears were a little red. She just said a few words, and his face turned red with anger? Is he still a teenager with raging hormones?.

Worried that the other party would not be in his right mind and violently attack and hurt her, Hua Jin leaned back her upper body. Before the other party could react, she quickly walked down a few steps, and she was about to walk out of the exit before he could react

"Wait!"

Hua Jin hesitated for a second between the two options of continuing to walk or turning back, and turned to look at the 'Peach Blossom eyes' who called her: "Excuse me, is there anything else?"

"Has the chocolate expired?" 'Peach Blossom eyes' turned his head and looked towards  the wall,his silhouette could be seen as he stood against the light. He looks a bit like an aristocrat in an oil painting, beautiful and exquisite but out of tune with ordinary people.

Hua Jin blinked: "It's newly bought, It's not expired."

'Peach Blossom eyes' stared at her for a while, bit a bit into his mouth, with disgust on his face: "Sweet and greasy, unpalatable." After finished speaking, he was ready to  threw it away, but he turned his head to search something for a long time, but couldn't find the trash can, and his face suddenly became ugly. He quietly looked at Hua Jin, who continued to move towards the exit.

You need to be cautious when molesting, cheap hands can easily cause trouble.

It's all because the other party is so good-looking, which made her make mistakes that many people make.

"Mr Pei, why are you here?" A plump man was sweating as he went down the stairs from the second floor. It was still March* and yet he was still covered in sweat! When he reached the ground floor, he heaved a huge sigh of relief.

*PR-Note: March and April in China are still typically 'cold', with temperatures ranging from 8-20°C (46-68°F).

"It's fortunate that you didn't take the elevator, as something had gone wrong with it just now. Mr Yang Shua is still trapped in the second floor, with the hospital staff scrambling to get him out by repairing it." Noticing Mr Pei's expression was bad, the plump man guessed that he wasn't in a good mood, so he quickly decided to redirect the conversion. "Also, Chief Chen's private room is on the eighth floor. Please come with me."

"Do you happen to have a tissue," Pei Yan asked.

"Ah?" The plump man was momentarily stunned at his question. He smiled awkwardly, as he said, "I'm sorry. I was in a hurry to come down just now, so I don't have any on me."

"Forget it then." Mr Pei just took out a handkerchief from his suit's pocket, and wrapped the chocolate in it. He then pocketed the same handkerchief.

"What are you doing?" Needless to say, the plump man was baffled by the scene he just witnessed. This guy just saved leftover chocolate for later? The guy that is rumored to spend money like water, and who only got lucky with his seemingly random investment portfolio somehow making a huge profit, to the point of people scrambling to invest in his managed funds?

Needless to say, the plump man was totally convinced that Mr Pei wasn't the rumored spendthrift, but instead was actually quite frugal, going as far as saving leftover chocolate for later. It seems that the richer you are, the stingier you get, as evidenced by this rich man's reluctance to part with even a half eaten chocolate.