Chapter 68 Don't let her down

An elder sister who had never met Pei Yan, after seeing Pei Yan's appearance clearly, sighed repeatedly: "This young man is really good-looking and healthy, no wonder..." She wanted to say, no wonder when Qin introduced a boyfriend to Hua Jin, was rejected by Hua Jin. But before she said those words, thinking that she would offend someone, she swallowed them back.

"This is a match made in heaven." Sister Qin pretended not to know what she was thinking, and bumped Hua Jin with her elbow, "Hurry up and  go pick up the man, if they keep staring at him like this, I'm afraid your boyfriend will be scared away by their eyes.""

Hua Jin put down the half-peeled garlic, washed her hands in the basin, walked up to Pei Yan and said, "Why did you buy so many things?"

"I have prepared gift boxes for them on your behalf." Pei Yan pretended not to see the eyes of the others and put the gift boxes he bought on the wooden table, which looked a little old, but it had been washed early in the morning and placed in this open space in front of the house waiting to dry.

"It's such a cold day, is your hand freezing?" Hua Jin grabbed his hand, opened his fingers to feel it, and then generously took Pei Yan to greet the neighbors.

The neighbors teased kindly with a few words, and then asked Hua Jin to take Pei Yan to sit in the house for a while, as it was windy outside.

"It's fine, everyone is here, it's lively to chat together." Pei Yan handed out the gift boxes to everyone, "Thank you all for taking care of Hua Hua in general."

"You're welcome, it's not a big deal for neighbors to help each other out." Seeing Pei Yan driving a luxury car and wearing a high-end suit, Mrs. Chen knew that his family background must be extraordinary. She was happy that Hua Jin found a good boyfriend, but worried that a rich man would not be able to give her his whole heart.

Everyone in the room was not familiar with Pei Yan, and Pei Yan's overall demeanour made everyone unknowingly polite, the atmosphere was formal and awkward.

When Hua Jin saw that everyone couldn't relax, she pulled Pei Yan to sit on a small stool beside her: "Come, help me peel the garlic."

Pei Yan looked at the small half pot of soaked and unpeeled garlic, and obediently followed Hua Jin's example and peeled it.

"Have you peeled it before?" Hua Jin asked.

" I've peeled it." Pei Yan recalled carefully, "When I was in college, I went out for a picnic with my friends. I peeled it a few times. It was quite interesting."

Hua Jin: "..."

"You rich people's hobbies are quite special. " 

"[In] a harmonious society, everyone is equal, and we oppose discrimination against rich people." Pei Yan put the peeled garlic into the bowl, "Be nice to your boyfriend."

Hua Jin smiled and bumped Pei Yan with her shoulder, and the two leaned together, whispering and chatting.

Sister Qin, who was originally sitting next to Hua Jin, saw that the couple could peel garlic out of love and affection, so she picked up her own small bench and got up to mingle with the other neighbors.

"How is it?" Seeing Sister Qin coming over, the female neighbor asked her, "I think these two have a good relationship, can it really work?

"I see this Mr. Pei, treating Hua Hua quite well, and not putting up a rich man's front in front of us. If not because he likes Hua Hua, how can he make it this far?" The female neighbor saw that Sister Qin did not say anything and continued, "Before we were wondering when Huahua would find a boyfriend, but I never thought she would find one if she didn't, but once she did, it was an excellent one."

"I can see what I think, but I think the relationship between the two is very good." Sister Qin arranged the dishes on the table, "Stop gossiping, and prepare the sour radish that will be put in the duck soup. Are you ready?"

"Oh, I forgot." The female neighbor stood up, "I'll get some from the sauerkraut jar at home."

Seeing her leave, Qin was relieved that she, a woman with an unsuccessful marriage, was really afraid to say too much in fear of her crow's tongue.

"I didn't expect so many people to live in this building, it's quite lively." The experience of people getting together to gossip and doing the dishes and washing them all together was new to him.

"Everyone comes to big cities from all over the country to seek a living, and foreigners who are willing to rent and live here are considered relatively well-off." Hua Jin saw that Pei Yan was very interested in peeling garlic, so she put the small half pot of garlic in front of him and started to manage the onions herself, "After this meal, it will be difficult to meet again in the future."