Chapter 49: Birthday Banquet

After changing into a tailor-made gown, Huajin began to have her hair and skin taken care of by the staff, even her nails were redone.

Leaning back on the recliner, Huajin turned her head to look at Pei Yan sitting on the sofa. She felt like time was passing slowly at this moment, and it wasn't easy to become beautiful.

"Bored?" Pei Yan noticed Huajin's bored expression and walked over to her. "How about playing a game?"

"It's alright," Huajin resisted the urge to yawn. "What time is it now?"

"It's still early, there's time," Pei Yan glanced at his watch. "How about I tell you a joke?"

Huajin noticed the female employee doing her nails giggling and pulled on Pei Yan's sleeve, motioning for him to bend down.

"What's wrong?" Pei Yan leaned closer to her.

"I want to hear the joke from you alone," Huajin whispered in his ear. "Just for me, not for anyone else."

"Okay," Pei Yan felt his ear heating up from being so close to Huajin. "I'll tell it to you alone."

Since his girlfriend said so, what could he do but spoil her?

After finishing all the styling, Huajin could finally stand up. She looked at herself in the mirror and indeed, she looked better than usual. She turned her head to look at Pei Yan.

Before she could ask, Pei Yan said, "You look beautiful."

With fair skin and attractive shoulders, this off-the-shoulder red gown suited her well. To match the gown, Pei Yan specifically chose a red tie.

Although he had never been in a relationship before, he seemed to have a natural understanding of these small details.

It was a big event for Grandma Yang's birthday celebration, and all the younger generations of the Yang family and those related to them attended. Yang Shao, who usually lived carefree, dressed up exceptionally formal today and was busy attending to the guests. People who wanted to inquire about some news from him couldn't find a suitable opportunity.

"Seng Ge, why are you alone here?" Xu Changhui walked up to Chen Sen and smiled. "I thought you would be helping Yang Shao greet the guests like Chen Jiang."

Chen Sen glanced at him, swaying the champagne in his glass, and remained silent.

Seeing that he ignored him, Xu Changhui didn't get angry and instead sat down beside him. "Last time when I took Chen Jiang out to play, he had an accident. It was my fault, and I hope Seng Ge won't hold it against me."

Chen Sen sneered, "Xu Changhui, just say it straight if you have something to say. No need to beat around the bush. I have a bad temper and little patience. I can't stand these roundabout words."

"Look at what you're saying. I just saw you sitting here alone and wanted to come over and have a chat with you..."

"If I were you, I wouldn't have come today," Chen Sen interrupted Xu Changhui directly. "You haven't resolved the issue of offending Pei Yan yet. Aren't you afraid that he'll see you today and slap you in the face?"

The Xu family had been trying to make amends through intermediaries, and they even sought his grandfather's help a few days ago. But Pei Yan had a certain temperament, and if he was displeased, he was displeased. Who had that much face?

Xu Changhui could barely maintain his smile on his face. Chen Sen saying these things in front of him was clearly humiliating him. "I thought Seng Ge was different from others and wouldn't care about Pei Yan's bad temper. But it seems..." He chuckled. "But it seems it's not the case."