Chapter 70: Fighting the love rival

Not expecting Mark to make such a request, Hua Jin was a bit surprised.

They were working together, and it was inappropriate to bring an unrelated friend or family member to a dinner party. With Mark's usual style of behavior, he should not have asked for such a request.

"The embroiderer is thin-skinned, I'm sorry, let's go down with her and invite her boyfriend." Mark's assistant said this, and several young staff members began to boo.

When everyone walked into the elevator, Hua Jin looked at Mark who was standing in front of her and said with a smile, "My boyfriend is shy and doesn't like to eat with too many people, so let's do it another time, next time I'll invite everyone to dinner with him."

"Next time it won't be your wedding ceremony, will it?" Master Xiang Xiu smiled and said to Mark, "Mr. Mark, they are young people who care about personal space, so it's not appropriate for so many of us to go down there."

Mark turned and looked at Hua Jin: "Teacher has a point."

The elevator fell silent, and the elevator descended step by step. When the number jumped to -1, it stopped. The elevator door opened, and Hua Jin saw Pei Yan who was a few steps away from the elevator door.

When he heard the elevator door open, Pei Yan turned his head to look over, and was about to speak when he saw the group of people with Hua Jin. He raised his eyebrows slightly and walked up to Hua Jin without moving his eyes, "Coming down?"

"Been waiting for a long time?" Hua Jin walked up to him and introduced him to the embroidery masters, Pei Yan greeted them one by one, and finally met Mark's eyes.

"Hello, Mr. Pei." Mark didn't wait for Hua Jin to introduce himself and took the initiative to say hello. On the night of November 11, the lighting was so dim that he surprisingly did not recognize that the young man walking with Hua Jin was Pei Yan.

He suddenly remembered that a few months ago, he asked Hua Jin to meet him at a coffee shop, and less than half of the coffee was drunk when Pei Yan came in. At that time he felt that Pei Yan might have a few thoughts about Hua Jin, but he was used to seeing rich men love one another, and with Hua Jin's status, it was impossible for a character like Pei Yan to accompany her on the street on Hanukkah (Single's Day).

But the fact is that this is so unexpected, Pei Yan not only with Hua Jin, but also like a poor boy, accompanied Hua Jin to eat cotton candy, buy roses sold by children on the roadside.

In this moment, countless thoughts flashed through Mark's mind, which finally turned into a sentence, "It's rare to have the pleasure of meeting Mr. Pei, I didn't expect you to be the lover of the flower embroiderer, so I would like to ask you to have a casual dinner with us."

Hua Jin thought Pei yan would refuse the Banquet, but he glanced at her and said calmly, "Okay."

After arriving at the VIP room in the restaurant and taking their seats, everyone gradually came back to their senses.

"I didn't expect that Mr. Mark and the Hua Embroiderer's boyfriend knew each other, this is also fate." Master Xiangxiu was a person who had come over, and had long seen that Mark had some interest in Flower Embroiderer. She looked at Pei Yan, but this boyfriend of the flower embroiderer, good looking and gentle to the flower embroiderer. Mr. Mark couldn't express his thoughts.

"It's an honor to sit and eat with Mr. Pei." Mark put the menu into Pei Yan's hand, and Pei Yan turned around and handed it to the oldest embroiderer at the table, "The elders come first, I'm not picky about what I eat."

Noticing this action of his, Mark just smiled. He was not wrong, with Pei Yan's status, it was not very likely to eat with them at the same table together. It seems that Hua Jin is very important in his heart,  which is why he let this high-ranking Mr. Pei sit down with Hua Jin.

Since Pei Yan didn't intend to publicize his status, he didn't want to be that annoying person either. He was originally a person who was good at chatting, and with just a few words, the atmosphere in the room became warmer. Everyone in the room guessed that Pei Yan's identity might not be simple, so everyone pretended not to know and talked about uninteresting topics without spoiling the atmosphere.

Mark had heard that Pei Yan was a very difficult person to get along with, but he realized today that the rumors may not be true, at least when there was Hua Jin around, Pei Yan was a person whose words and actions were almost perfect.

He was able to coax several masters of embroidery into smiling in just a few words, and he was also able to resolve the inquiries of others without moving a muscle.

Just now he still wanted to meet Hua Jin's boyfriend, but now he feels that he is in his thirties, and he still has the comparison mentality of a young boy, which is really absurd and ridiculous.

When the meal was almost finished, Mark's assistant got up to go to the front desk to settle the bill, only to be told by the receptionist that someone had already paid for it. He was surprised; " Already paid?"