Chapter 50: Sincerity

"Step aside," Pei Yan said, ignoring the gazes of those around him. He glanced expressionlessly at Xu Changhui. "I have little patience."

Hearing the snickers from the crowd, Xu Changhui gritted his teeth and reluctantly took a step back.

No longer paying attention to Xu Changhui's antics, Pei Yan took hold of Hua Jin's hand and walked towards the small garden in the Yang family's courtyard. "Aunt Meng's flowers are beautiful. I'll take you to see them."

"Okay," Hua Jin stepped onto the steps and glanced back at the people behind them. Those who were sneakily watching her quickly averted their gazes and started conversing with those beside them. Hua Jin's eyes scanned the crowd, eventually meeting the gaze of Xu Si.

As a woman, she could tell at a glance that this woman, who had a close relationship with Xu Changhui, didn't particularly like her.

But so what? She wasn't a universally adored beauty, so why should she care if every man and woman liked her? With this thought in mind, she curved her lips into a faint smile, like a bewitching empress about to ascend the throne and mock her defeated subordinates.

This provocative smile made Xu Si unable to maintain her own smile any longer. She wanted to tear Hua Jin's face apart, just like how she used to bully those classmates she couldn't stand, ruthlessly trampling their self-esteem into the ground.

She took a deep breath, preparing to respond to Hua Jin with an equally perfect smile. However, when she lifted her head again, Hua Jin and Pei Yan were already hand in hand, leaving without sparing her even an extra glance.

In that instant, Xu Si felt that Hua Jin was far more despicable than those plastic sisters who put on a show.

"I don't like that Xu Si," Hua Jin said as they walked through the Yang family's flower garden, her fingers entwined with Pei Yan's. "You were right, someone who enjoys bullying other classmates can't have a good nature."

"Why this sudden realization?" Pei Yan turned his head to look at her for a few seconds. "Could it be... jealousy?"

"What's wrong with being jealous?" Hua Jin glared at him. "Am I not allowed to be jealous?"

"Jealous, jealous, go ahead and be jealous. Tell me what flavor you want, and I'll buy it for you," Pei Yan waved his hand repeatedly. "I promise to stay far away from her whenever I see her, alright?"

"Am I that domineering?" Hua Jin huffed. "The most important thing between lovers is trust. I trust that you won't be flirting with other people, right?" She glanced at various organs below Pei Yan's waist.

Pei Yan: "..."

During the midday birthday banquet, Hua Jin noticed that most of the people sitting at the same table as Pei Yan were not younger generations but middle-aged men in their forties and above. She sat next to Pei Yan and received friendly smiles from the ladies at the table.

The dishes were exquisite, each one presented like a work of art. Seeing that the people at her table hardly touched their chopsticks, Hua Jin maintained an elegant smile.

Pei Yan turned his head and picked up a dish she liked, placing it in her bowl. "Try it and see if it suits your taste."

Looking at the dish in her bowl, Hua Jin no longer pretended and started eating with her head down.

The lady sitting on the other side of her smiled and said, "Mr. Pei is such a considerate gentleman."

Her husband, upon hearing that, quickly picked up a shrimp and placed it in her bowl, saying to Pei Yan, "With Mr. Pei here today, us men are all being outshined."