Chapter 46: Embroidered Shoes

"Hua Hua," Tan Yuan finally finished greeting the customers and sat down heavily next to Hua Jin. Leaning on her shoulder, she said with exhaustion, "That lady just now, she scolded us for being unscrupulous and selling pieces of fabric with a few threads for such high prices. I can't believe you could still smile and reason with her. It's really something..."

"People have different attitudes in life, and there are all kinds of people. When running a business and welcoming customers, if we argue with them, we're the ones who lose," Hua Jin looked at the photos on her phone screen and sighed. "If things escalate, in the eyes of those who are unaware, we might be seen as self-righteous, using the sentiment of traditional craftsmanship to deceive people. The more famous our studio becomes, the more people will associate our actions and words with the traditional embroidery industry. So, for the sake of the broader hand embroidery tradition, we have to bear with it."

"And also..." Hua Jin smirked, "Didn't someone take a photo of that customer's tantrum and nasty behavior just now? When it comes to being a person, we should think long-term. Sometimes, we must never act on impulse."

Tan Yuan turned her head. "Last time, when someone came to cause trouble for you and offered money to deceive Mr. Pei, you didn't behave like this."

"That's different. Last time, it was my personal dignity at stake. This time, we can't let the embroidery industry lose face. I keep my personal and professional matters separate. Bearing humiliation and carrying burdens is one of my virtues," Hua Jin stood up and poured a glass of water for Tan Yuan. "Don't praise me too much. I'm thin-skinned."

"Never would I have imagined that you would have no shame to this extent," Tan Yuan marveled, "Just because you don't want others to harm your handsome Mr. Pei, you come up with so many noble reasons. Really... tsk tsk tsk."

Hua Jin grinned and playfully slapped Tan Yuan with a pillow from the sofa.

"Hey, hey, hey, resorting to violence right away. Until yesterday, we were inseparable best sisters, but now that Mr. Pei has come between us, I've reached the point of being silenced," Tan Yuan raised her hand to block the pillow. "My heart hurts, it hurts."

"You're so mischievous. I had planned to treat you to a lavish meal when we're not too busy, but it seems you don't need it anymore."

"No, no, no, Hua Hua, you're an unparalleled beauty, destined to be with Mr. Pei. As for someone like me, a mere mortal, a fancy meal is still important," Tan Yuan embraced Hua Jin's arm. "Love you, muah muah."

"Don't love me anymore, I have changed my heart," Hua Jin turned her head with disdain. "Who told me to prioritize romance over friendship."

"Who's talking nonsense? Our Hua Hua is clearly beautiful and kind-hearted, always being the best to her friends," Tan Yuan smirked. "As your best sister, I can vouch for that."

The two of them laughed and played around. Tan Yuan held her cup, looking content. "Hua Hua, seeing you so happy with Mr. Pei, I'm genuinely happy for you."

Hua Jin pursed her lips, lowered her head, and smiled. "I thought you would remind me that Pei Yan is a wealthy man and not to be deceived by him."

"Although... I do have that concern, but whether a man is good or bad, we shouldn't judge solely based on money. I don't know Mr. Pei, and I don't understand your relationship. Talking about deception or suitability would be disrespectful to your feelings," Tan Yuan gently held Hua Jin's hand. "As long as you find happiness in this relationship, that's what matters. No matter what the future holds, I will always be your sister, and my home is your home."

Hua Jin looked at Tan Yuan and smiled. "Hmm."

"Of course, if you and Mr. Pei end up together, I can proudly hold onto the thigh of a wealthy and noble family," Tan Yuan chuckled. "For the sake of me being able to hold onto a wealthy family's thigh, I also wish you and Mr. Pei a hundred years of happiness and blissful love."