Chapter 9 Eight Years

Seeing that Hua Jin didn't accept any of the red envelope he has sent, [Winter's Not Too Cold] wasn't too happy.

[Winter's Not Too Cold]: Master, you can accept it, these are  just from my heart.

What else can Hua Jin do? Of course, she can only satisfy the other party's wishes. She likes the style of customers who are rich and never stingy. In the years of learning embroidery from Aunt Gao, she has met all kinds of customers, and some even yelled at them because of the high price, saying that it was something made of a few rags and threads,  price was so high and that we're just crazy for money..

Being willing to give money does not mean how much respect a person have for the profession, but if you don't want to spend a dime and scold them for cheating money, you definitely don't have any respect.

As the times change, the embroidery stitches may not change much, but the aesthetic style definetly will. Aunt Gao had always said that throughout the long history of Shu Embroidery, it had always changed to suit the current preferences of the people. The patterns that were once popular are not necessarily flattering now, and the patterns that are the most popular now may not be elegant a few decades later.

Most of the embroidery stitches learned by Hua Jin have been improved over generations.So, She really doesn't know enough about the formations and embroidery styles of seventy or eighty years ago.

The next morning, she got up to go to Aunt Gao's house, when she went downstairs, she ran into Mrs. Chen who was back from shopping.

"Xiao Hua." Old lady Chen saw Hua Jin and waved to her.

Hua Jin looked at the expression of "I have gossip here, you must come and listen" written all over the old lady's face, sighed secretly, but still walked up to the old lady Chen.

"Yesterday...the one next door to you told you about a possible matchmake?" Mrs. Chen said mysteriously, "Don't listen to her nonsense, Her relatives on the maternal side, how decent can they really be? If they are really good, they can let her Live here? How about I introduce you to someone from my family?. Not only do he have several houses, he's also an honest person, which should be more reliable than the one she introduced to you, right?"

Hua Jin: "..."

She only knows Mrs. Chen I have a bad relationship with sister Qin, Ibut she never expected that they'd even covertly compete with each other in a matter like this.

"Grandma Chen, I have something else to do,so I'll be leaving now." If we stay any longer, the old lady can chat with her for an hour.

"Hey..." Mrs. Chen didn't expect Hua Jin to be in such a hurry. Seeing her walking too fast, she quickly remarked, "Her knees are already not so good, but she's still walking so quickly...".

When Hua Jin arrived at Aunt Gao's house, the one who taught her embroidery, Gao Shu Lan, was watering the flowers on their balcony, while Uncle Tan was busy reading while wearing his glasses. Upon seeing her, the two elders welcomed her happily before offering her a seat.

They have only one daughter, Tan Yuan, and Hua Jin has been with them all year round, which is equivalent to half a daughter.

"The next time you come and bring something over again, I won't let you in." Gao Shulan scolded Huajin for wasting money, while putting melons and fruit snacks in front of Huajin, "I heard from Yuan yuan that you spent a lot of time a while ago and made a dragon and phoenix quilt with a lot of hard work?"

"Yes." Hua Jin nodded slightly, a little embarrassed. Aunt Gao had always emphasized the importance of striving for perfection when creating artistic embroidery. It only took her less than a month to make the dragon and phoenix quilt, which was really not enough if wanted perfection. 

"I know what happened, and you did a good job in this matter." Gao Shulan didn't blame her, but was very pleased, "Art and life don't conflict, I am happy that you could, at the very least, reach an adequate level for this order."