Chapter 69: Luan Embroidery

"Pei Yan, what's wrong with Miss Hua?" The driver, seeing Pei Yan carrying Hua Jin out, opened the car doors for them. "Is she feeling unwell?"

"She's fine. We had lunch with her neighbor earlier, and she had a bit too much to drink," Pei Yan put Hua Jin into the car and fed her a few sips of water. "Drive slower on the way back home." He had initially planned to take Hua Jin to the mall to choose some household items, but seeing her in this drunken state, it was better to go back and let her rest.

"Pei Yan Yan." Hua Jin opened her hazy drunken eyes and saw Pei Yan fastening her seatbelt. She twisted her waist and said, "Don't fasten it, it's uncomfortable."

"Be good, don't make a fuss," Pei Yan fastened her seatbelt. "Buckle up, it's happiness for you, me, and everyone."

Hua Jin fell silent. Just when Pei Yan thought she had fallen asleep, Hua Jin suddenly opened her eyes. "I'm... very happy right now."

Pei Yan was taken aback and looked at Hua Jin.

"Meeting you, being with you, makes me very happy." She held onto Pei Yan's hand and smiled foolishly. "Thank you."

Pei Yan remained silent for a long time. He looked at Hua Jin, his gaze tender as if he wanted to melt her into his heart. "You always like to say sweet words. And when you're drunk, your words become even sweeter. Are you made of honey?"

Hua Jin continued to smile foolishly.

"You," Pei Yan tucked her stray hair behind her ear and leaned down to kiss the corner of her mouth.

Life was originally dull, but thanks to you.

Hua Jin slept for a long time, so long that she had a very long dream. In her dream, she was squatting in a cornfield when someone approached her.

"I'll take you away," the person said.

She looked up and saw Pei Yan's smiling face.

"I'll go with you," she tightly held his hand and stood up from the cornfield. In that moment, she no longer hid, no longer felt afraid or lost.

Behind her was darkness, but his world was full of light. As she held his hand, it felt as if she was holding the brightness in the palm of her hand.

Opening her eyes, she saw the window curtain dancing in the morning light. She looked at the sun outside the window and smiled softly.

After taking a shower in the bathroom and changing her clothes, she went downstairs. Pei Yan was sitting on the sofa reading a book. When he saw her, he put down the book and said, "You're finally awake. You slept for over ten hours. Are you hungry?"

Hua Jin nodded.

Pei Yan got up and had the servant bring breakfast. He pulled Hua Jin to sit at the dining table and said, "You should drink less in the future. Your alcohol tolerance is too low."

"Then I'll drink when I'm with you," Hua Jin took a sip of porridge. "With you around, I don't have to worry."

Pei Yan: "..."

Seeing him wanting to criticize himself but holding back, Hua Jin couldn't help but laugh, "I'm just teasing you. I'll drink less in the future. For people in our line of work, not only do we need dexterity in our hands, but we also need a sharp mind. I dare not get drunk frequently."

"Good to know," Pei Yan touched Hua Jin's still damp hair and frowned. He grabbed a dry towel and helped her dry it. "Are we going to Fan Hua's place later or Mark's studio?"