Chapter 35: Are You Sure?

"I didn't suspect anyone in particular, but I was surprised. I never expected someone to bring me food, let alone so much," Hua Jin explained. "I thought about it, but I couldn't think of anyone I know who would be so generous. Even Mr. Yang was asked about it."

"So you thought it was from Yang Shao?" Pei Yan raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't think so," Hua Jin replied, rubbing her stomach. She had been busy all day and hadn't even had dinner. Now that Pei Yan mentioned food, her stomach began to growl. "It's just that among my friends, there aren't many wealthy people, so I asked him."

"So, after I tirelessly brought you home, I still don't fall within your circle of acquaintances?" Pei Yan raised his eyebrows even higher and turned away, muttering, "Little white-eyed wolf.

."

Hua Jin: "..."

Why did it feel like things were getting worse?

She tugged at Pei Yan's sleeve, cleared her throat, and said, "Um, that's not what I meant. It's just that you look so handsome and elegant, and I didn't expect you to be so thoughtful and send snacks to your female friends. It took me by surprise."

"I was afraid you would starve to death," Pei Yan said, walking downstairs. He looked at the dark corridor and used his phone to illuminate the stairs. "I'll see you up."

"No need, I'm familiar with this place," Hua Jin smiled at the man under the moonlight. "Thank you for the snacks."

The snacks were expensive, but they had already been delivered to her. If she refused them or said they were too expensive, it would be awkward. Knowing Pei Yan's personality, he would probably have a big outburst.

"I was afraid you would get dizzy and fall down the stairs," Pei Yan said, putting his hands in his pockets and maintaining a lofty posture. "Let's go."

In the dilapidated corridor, with peeling walls, the faint glow from the phone created an atmosphere reminiscent of a horror movie. Pei Yan watched Hua Jin walking ahead and reached out to touch the handrail, only to find a layer of dust on his hand.

He withdrew his hand, suspecting that his palm was covered in dirt, but with Hua Jin right in front of him, he simply clenched his fist and pretended nothing had happened.

As they passed the corner on the third floor, he overheard someone complaining about the high price of vegetables and their delayed salary for the month.

The sound insulation here wasn't great either? Seeing Hua Jin's nonchalant expression, Pei Yan didn't say much and followed her to her door. Before Hua Jin could take out her keys to open the door, he said, "Rest well. I'm going back."

Hua Jin wanted to invite Pei Yan to stay, but it was late at night, and she was the only one at home. It wasn't suitable to ask him in.