Chapter 33: Too Pitiful

Hua Jin was stunned for a long time by Teacher Sun's words. She looked at the rough and even deformed hands that had been engaged in straw weaving for years, and smiled, "No, all the teachers are very kind."

"It's good that you're not scared," Teacher Sun said with some delight. "The interview program about you will be aired tonight. Unfortunately, it's too late now, and you won't be able to watch the premiere. Remember to watch the replay tomorrow at noon."

Hua Jin looked at Teacher Sun with surprise. How did Teacher Sun know about her being interviewed by the TV station?

Seeing Hua Jin's expression, Teacher Sun laughed and said, "I forgot to tell you that the reporter who interviewed you last time is my niece. After she came back, she couldn't let go of the handkerchief you gave her. Later, when she saw the business card you gave her, I found out that she interviewed you that day."

Hua Jin hadn't expected such a coincidence in the world. No wonder Teacher Sun introduced her to those seniors. She hailed a taxi, "Teacher Sun, where do you live? Let me send you home first."

"No need, I'll ride a shared bike back," Teacher Sun waved her hand. "Taking a taxi is too expensive, and we can't waste money."

"Transportation costs have value, but it's priceless for me to gain knowledge from you," Hua Jin helped Teacher Sun sit in the car. "You accompanied me all the way here in the late evening. How can I rest assured if I don't ensure your safe return?"

The two sat side by side in the back seat of the car. Teacher Sun gave the driver the address and suddenly slapped her thigh. "Hey, Sister Zhou just told me to add you to the group, but I forgot as soon as we left. Come, let's become WeChat friends, and I'll add you to the group."

Hua Jin obediently took out her phone, scanned the QR code, and added Teacher Sun as a friend. Then she was pulled into a WeChat group called "Evergreen." The group wasn't large, with just over ten people, including herself.

This Palace is surnamed Zhou: Sister Sun, you've brought Little Hua in. I thought you forgot.

Really didn't expect that Zhou Yun, who seemed so elegant, would have such an imposing name.

Flourishing Blossom: Hello, Teacher Zhou.

This Palace is surnamed Zhou: We are all insiders in this group, no need to be too polite. We have people who make clay figurines, sculpt bottles and jars, weave grass, and carve tree roots. They are all older than you, but we don't pay much attention to age. Let's just have a good chat.

As soon as Zhou Yun sent this message, people in the group started to respond. They all had interesting names like "Tree Carving Tang," "Pottery Making Shen," "My Sugar Painting Empire," "Mask Money," and so on. Their style was lively, and it was easy to recognize their identities.

Hua Jin also noticed that these elderly gentlemen and ladies were extremely fast in responding and were adept at using emojis, even using many interesting ones that she, a young person, didn't have.

This was a group of elderly gentlemen and ladies engaged in traditional craftsmanship but still being fashionable.

Quietly saving a few interesting emoji, Hua Jin chatted with these elderly people for a while, and then received a string of friend requests. She accepted all the requests and gave them names like "Sugar Painting Master," "Mask Doll Teacher," "Tree Carving Master," and so on. Sitting next to her, Teacher Sun happened to

see the names she assigned and shook her head, saying, "What masters? We are just stubborn old people who cling to old things."

"Who says that? You are clearly guardians of traditional beauty," Hua Jin filled in the names for the new friends and smiled at Teacher Sun. "If you are considered stubborn, then I am a little stubborn too."