Chapter 34: Is It You?

"Hua Hua, there's a package for you."

Tan Yuan stood at the door, shouting loudly to Hua Jin, who was embroidering. "Two big boxes."

"Express Delivery?" Hua Jin was puzzled. She hadn't been buying anything online recently, and the fabric she ordered from the Shu Brocade Factory wasn't ready yet, so it shouldn't have been delivered so quickly.

Walking to the door, the delivery man placed three large cardboard boxes in front of Hua Jin. "Miss Hua, your package. Please sign for it."

Hua Jin glanced at the receipt. The address was correct, and the last few digits of the phone number matched hers. The recipient's name was also hers. She signed her name. "Thank you."

"The items are a bit heavy. Let me help you bring them inside." The delivery man noticed that there were only Hua Jin and Tan Yuan in the shop. He bent down, picked up the boxes, and effortlessly carried them into the shop. The three large boxes looked as light as if he had just picked up two books.

Hua Jin fetched an unopened bottle of water from the small fridge and handed it to the delivery man, but he declined and swiftly drove away.

"Hua Hua, are you trying to revive the online shopping platform?" Tan Yuan looked at the three large boxes. "Why did you buy so much?"

"I didn't buy them," Hua Jin said, using a box cutter to open the cardboard boxes. Inside were boxes of ready-to-eat bird's nest. She became even more puzzled. This brand of bird's nest was very expensive, and it must have cost a lot to have such a large quantity.

Opening the second box, it was filled with various nutritious and delicious snacks, and she even found several packets of pre-cut and sealed meat products. The contents of the third box were even more peculiar: various chocolates and women's nutritional milk powder.

"What is this?" Tan Yuan looked at the brands of these items, mentally calculating the prices, and couldn't help but shudder at her own poverty. "Hua Hua, which suitor of yours is so talented that instead of capturing your heart, they first captured your stomach?"

"I have a suitor recently?" Hua Jin stared at the three large boxes of food and shook her head. "I have no idea."

"Do you remember that white-collar worker from six months ago, who would buy you breakfast and drinks every other day?" Tan Yuan asked. "I remember that young man was handsome, with bright eyes and white teeth. How did you treat him?"

"I paid him for the food and even gave him some extra money as a running fee. Isn't that normal?" Hua Jin took a photo of the three boxes of food and then placed them in the storage room at the back. She couldn't eat or give away these food items of unknown origin.

"Poor guy, a fresh graduate, and his heart shattered instantly."

"Such a good boy. If I don't like him, why waste his youth?" Hua Jin dusted off the dirt on her hands. "A tender and delicious young man like him needs a girl who comes from a similar background. I'm not suitable for him."

Hearing those words, Tan Yuan felt a bit uncomfortable. In her eyes, Hua Hua was perfect and would be a great match for any guy. But real relationships and marriages were complicated, and even the purest love could be influenced by external factors. Hua Hua saw things more clearly than she did, but it was precisely because of this clarity that it made her heart ache so much.

"Do you think it could be Mr. Yang who came over at noon and made the purchases?" Tan Yuan, afraid to continue discussing this topic and make Hua Jin feel upset, quickly changed the subject. "When he came over today at noon and saw you eating instant noodles, he said it's not good for your health. And now, just a few hours later, all this food gets delivered. Besides him, who else could it be? And with such a lavish style, only he could pull it off."