Chapter 12 Flower Peacock

Normally after the rain, the blue-tiled alleys and the mossy bluestone roads should be full of artistic conception, but because the road is slippery and difficult to walk, ny artistic inspiration it might have brought was completely lost on Hua Jin.

Pei Yan really couldn't understand that a woman like Hua Jin,Who ran so far to buy an umbrella to take pictures. Seeing Hua Jin holding up hem of her skirt and moving forward in small steps, he finally stretched out his arm to her and, "I will lend you my wrist,But don't dare to touch my hand."

"What will happen if I touch your hand?" Hua Jin put her hand on Pei Yan's arm, she looked at him with a smile.

Pei Yan averted her gaze: "It's simply unethical for strangers such as us to touch each other. Besides, I can't let you take advantage of me."

Hearing this kind of explanation, Hua Jin couldn't help laughing: "Don't worry, I'm not a lustful woman."

Pei Yan glanced at her sideways, and said in a strange tone, "Have you ever seen a pig climb a tree?"

"No."

"Then do you think your words are credible?"

Hua Jin's eyes widened, "A man can only be relied on when a pig could climb a tree. This sentence originally described men. What does it have to do with me?"

"Miss, it's the 21st century now." Pei Yan said lazily, "Men and women are equal." Seeing that Hua Jin was about to refute, he again added quickly, "If you say another word, I'll take my hand back."

Hua Jin immediately shut her mouth.

After they had walked down a long stairway, Hua Jin let go of Pei Yan's arm before snorting softly, "You said that it was my hand that's taking advantage of you, but it seems it was yours that did it instead."

This was the very first time in Pei Yan's entire life that he had ever seen someone change their mind so quickly. He turned to look back before crossing his arms around his chest, "It seems that won't be needing my help from now on."

"Mr Pei, you misunderstand." Hua Jin smiled brightly at him, "What I meant was, if it was any other man, they would be the one taking advantage. But you are different. You're so good-looking and also have an upright character, so obviously, it was I who was taking advantage of you."

"You should stop being a Shu embroiderer and just go do Shu dramas." Pei Yan looked ahead and slowly walked forward. "Since you're so talented in changing faces, it's a waste not going on that path."

Hua Jin: "..."

Because it wasn't a holiday and it had started to rain again, there weren't a lot of pedestrians to be seen. The street still retained the wooden architectural style of the last century, including the shops. Many of them hung some handicrafts typical of tourist spots, but they failed to find any oil-paper umbrellas even when they walked more than halfway down the street.

After a while, Hua Jin found herself thirsty so she ended up buying two water bottles. She also took the opportunity to ask the boss of the shop about where to find their elusive quarry.

"Oil-paper umbrellas?" The shop owner gave Hua Jin an inquisitive look, "Go straight ahead and there'll be a small shop on the right that sells some." Since online shopping was so prevalent nowadays, people have access to many kinds of beautiful umbrellas, so it was rare for a young person to come to a small place like this street to buy oil-paper umbrellas.

"Thank you." Hua Jin handed the other bottle of water to Pei Yan, which he accepted. "Let's go there and look for it."

The two then continued walking for a while before finally finding the shop that sells the oil-paper umbrellas. An old man in a navy-blue tunic was sitting behind the counter and was busy cutting ribs for an umbrella. Behind him, there was a young man and woman that were cleaning up the messy shop, while also complaining about the rain as that meant that the newly made umbrellas couldn't be taken out to dry.