Chapter 67: Dispersing the Feast

The chat group became lively.

Yang Shao kept mentioning Pei Yan's name in the friend group, trying to get him to speak up.

[Winter is not too cold]: @Brother Peipei, it's a big holiday. Can't you be a little kind-hearted?

Pei Yan looked at the jumbled names in the group and decided to label them all to avoid confusion.

Pei Yan: Well, I know it's Singles' Day, so I won't bother you today.

Yang Shao: ...

Yang Shao: They say that men turn bad when they have money, but I didn't expect that men can also turn bad when they're in love.

Pei Yan ignored him and opened a chat box with Shen Hong, sending him a message.

Pei Yan: Brother Hong, how's the progress on the favor I asked you for?

Shen Hong: It's almost winter now, so the effect might not be great. How about waiting until next spring?

Pei Yan: Bro, how can you, a married man with a wife and daughter, understand my suffering?

Shen Hong: ...

Shen Hong: If you weren't my cousin, I would block you.

Pei Yan: Don't worry, after you help me with the favor, you can block me.

Shen Hong: Get lost!

Looking at the chat record, Pei Yan laughed. He took a small spray bottle, sprayed some water on the rose petals, and touched the fresh petals with his hand, chuckling.

Receiving flowers from his girlfriend on Singles' Day... It feels quite nice.

In order to achieve the best visual effect for the design, Hua Jin had been working intensively. After removing her makeup and taking a shower at night, she climbed into bed and went to sleep. The next morning, when she woke up, she saw Pei Yan's Moments post.

She casually liked it and left a heart emoji in the comment section. Several friends who had added her and also added Pei Yan saw it and teased her, but before she could say anything, Pei Yan jokingly responded and made them retreat.

Holding her phone, she rolled on the bed with a smile. Remembering that she still needed to arrange work with her colleagues in the studio, she sighed and got up from the bed.

As she finished getting ready, she was stopped by Qin Jie as she was about to leave. Seeing Qin Jie looking a bit down, she worried that something had happened to Qin Jie's child. "Qin Jie, what's wrong?"

"I see you've been very busy lately, leaving early in the morning and coming back late. You're still young, so take things step by step in your work," Qin Jie looked at Hua Jin's slightly thinner face, "A few days ago, the landlord came to us and told us something. You might not know because you were busy with work."

"This building is going to be demolished soon, and the landlord wants us to move out by the end of the month," Qin Jie said, "There's still more than half a month left until the end of the month, so you should go find a new place early."

Hua Jin remembered that a few days ago, the landlord called her, but she was in a meeting with other embroiderers at Mark's studio, so she didn't answer the call and only replied with a text message. Could it be that the landlord called that day just to inform her about this?

The neighbors in this building had lived together for several years, and they had developed some feelings. Now, suddenly receiving news of relocation, Hua Jin was somewhat dazed.

"The city is so big, it'll be difficult for us to meet again

in the future," Qin Jie forced a smile, "But you should have moved out a long time ago. You've been doing well in your work, and living here is inconvenient."