1. Meet The Dutt Family

Jaan Jaye par Vachan Naa jaye.
(May life go but not the promise)

From the time of Ram Rajya this saying has been said.
(Kingdom of Deity Ram)

It's still in existence even till this date. Till Kalayuga.
(Modern era)

Because according to Mr. Devesh Dutt, may his life end but not his promise, given to Mr. Ved Sharma. The promise of changing their friendship into relationship.

And the only medium of doing so is his second born child, his daughter, Chavi Dutt.

At least, that's what Chavi thought at the moment.

"Beta bass ek baar mil lo usse. Chahe fir mana kardena agar achcha na Lage woh toh. Par pehle ek baar mil toh aao." Devesh pleaded Chavi yet again, for the nth time today.
(My child, just meet him once. You can reject him then if you don't like him. But first meet him once at least.)

Yes, today she had been "set up" to meet Mr. Ved Sharma's eldest son, Siddhant Sharma. Aka her "might-be" husband.

And she got to know this today morning.

Tho the talks of their betrothal had been in atmosphere since last one month, still this sudden blind date was a bit too much for her to handle.

But she knew she couldn't deny her cute papa's pleading eyes as well.

Her papa just knew what to do when. As right now, he was requesting her with those cute puppy eyes, which his only daughter founds too adorable to resist. Since forever.

"Ughh fine. Stop manipulating me now." She groaned and made her way towards her room, to change.

"Have a nice date!" Her father screamed behind her closing the bedroom door.

While on the other hand, Chavi's mamma, Mrs. Rashita Dutt along with her daughter in law, Sanya were sitting in hall watching the drama while sipping their hot tea.

This was nothing new. The way Devesh tortured his daughter with his antics was nothing new. And Rashita knew there was no use of jumping between the father-daughter duo. Because no matter how scrappy his schemes were, Chavi loved her papa a little too much to oppose.

"Aap dono ka agar ho gaya ho toh koi mujhe bhi bataega kya chal raha hai? Aur papa abhi chillae kyu?" The elder child of the family, Rashita and Devesh's only son, and Sanya's dear husband Lakshya asked.
(If both of you are done, can someone tell me too what is happening here? And why did papa scream?)

He came and sit near his wife and mamma, and pour some tea in his cup as well along with some toasts.

Today was Sunday. So it was off for him. He was a twenty eight year old Lawyer with an attractive personality and Authorative aura. He loved his work and family the most. And out of them, his Sanya the most.

Sanya was an alluring beauty of twenty five. A successful lawyer by profession, she was the heart of the college. And also became the heart of him. Which later developed into serious relationship and then, by the grace of both the families, into a happy marriage.

Chavi's bhai and bhabhi. They have been married for two years now. Happy as ever, she wanted a love story and a marriage no less than theirs.
(Brother and sister in law)

That's why she waited. Because according to her, her college guys weren't capable. Not even a single senior for her was what her Bhai was for her bhabhi.

So she decided to wait till her job. And once she got her job, she did go on top of it within just two years. Right now, serving as the top architect in the realm, her love life was still as empty as ever.

Therefore, her papa jumped in between. Reminding the promise he made to his friend a few years back. Thinking, he could fill her love life and could found her desired man for his precious daughter.

"...that's why now she's going for a date." His mother ended narrating her son the whole story.

Who couldn't do anything else accept chuckling.

"Don't you think she agreed so soon? I mean, papa ki jagah main hota toh pata nahi kya kya suna deti." He said narrowing his eyes while looking as Devesh, who, now had also made his presence in the hall.
(I mean, if it was me instead of papa who asked her this, she would have screamed at me.)

Everyone's attention on him now.

"What? Mene kuch nahi kia." He said and took the fourth cup from the tray and poured himself the tea.
(I didn't do anything)

Taking the first sip, he sighed in pleasure. The whole Dutt family had an unwavering love for chai and nothing was going to change that. Ever.

"Bhai aur baap main farq hota hai na. Aur yaha toh maa aur baap main bhi kitna farq hota hai. Tu kya, main bhi agar use samjhane jaati toh ghur ke bhaga Dena tha usne mujhe." Rashita said and hugged her daughter in law.
(There's a difference between father and brother. And in this house, there is also a difference between mother and father. Not just you, even if I had went to tell this to her, she would have glared and chased me out of there.)

"Bas, Sanya hi mujhse pyaar karti hai. Roj mere sath chai Peete hai aur dher sari bate karti hai. Warna ye baap beti toh chipke rehte hai sath. Aur tu Kam ke peeche pada rehta hai." Rashita glared the son father duo now. Who were looking like deers caught up in headlights.
(Only Sanya loves me. She have her daily tea with me and talks a lot with me. Otherwise these father daughter are always stuck together. And you are always at work.)

This was normal for them. To have love filled banters and joyous atmosphere around the clock.

And before anyone could say anything further, a voice stopped them, making them aww in adoration.

"How am I looking?" Asked Chavi in a simple light blue evening gown, doing a 360° and looking at her family with hopeful expressions.

"Just like a princess. Absolutely lovely." The four of them cooed at her lovingly.

She was indeed the jaan of the family.

🦋☆*: .。. ♡ .。.:*☆🦋