34. "papa is bored of us all"

As a few more days passed, now Devesh was freed from the hospital. His recovery was steady and everyone was happy.

He was too, except for the part where he has to meet all the distant relatives which came to visit him.

"I swear if I see one more relative here, I am going to announce an anti-relative campaign." He said all frustrated to Siddhant, who gave him a pity smile in return.

"Just a few more minutes, they are leaving nonthless." He whispered back and Devesh sighed in defeat.

In all these days, Siddhant was always with the Dutts. He understood how much they need Chavi right now, but since she can't be here with them, he was more than glad to take her place for now.

Like a good son.

That's what they call him.

"So when are you going to tell Chavi now?" He went to sit near Lakshya who was idle as the ladies were busy serving and entertaining the relatives.

"Maybe...after she comes back India." He said with a sigh and Siddhant looked at him in confusion.

"She is very close to her father Siddhant. Probably the closest among us all. And same is with our dad. If she gets to know about him having a heartattack out of nowhere, she will get panicked. It will not only make her leave her work ASAP but also will affect her mental health for long term. We don't want that." He explained, this time more calmly to Siddhant then when he did back in hospital.

"I see..." Siddhant said remembering all the times Chavi had let him know how much she missed her dad.

He understood their point of view then.

"I'll get going now. Mom's calling. Will come back tomorrow okay." He told Laksya and smiled at Rashita and Sanya, who were busy with the guests.

"You don't have to take so much stress Siddhant beta. We can manage now. You go to your work." Devesh said to him with a warming smile to which he glared at the elder man.

"Papa ji. If you are so done with watching my face all these days, well...you have to cope with it. Cause am not leaving you alone." Siddhant shrugged and as the relatives left a few seconds ago, Rashita and Sanya also made their way towards them, both of them heard his words and laughed aloud.

"Ugh." Devesh whined. And Lakshya chuckled before replying.

"Don't worry Siddhant. He's actually bored of seeing all of us. Since last few days we have been surrounding him a lot. He now only wants to see Chavi. And maybe Ved uncle too." He said with a warm smile and it instantly alerted Siddhant.

"Dad? I'll call him now only. He will be more than glad to come and visit you Devesh papa. Just a minute-

"No beta. Wo abhi busy hoga. Meri tarah chuttiya thodehi liye hai. Rehne do, uska nuksaan ho jaega." The elderly man said trying to stop Siddhant.
(No son. He must be busy now. He's not on leave like me. Don't call him, it would be waste of time.)

"Nonsense. Wait I'll call him now papa." Replied Siddhant.