16. Bro talks

Siddhant just returned back home after a really hectic day at work. He has been assigned for a new project in one of the most posh localities of the city.

Everything about the project is high profile, except the nature of the owner. The one who's house in being made is a grumpy old man who finds faults in every other thing.

It's difficult to deal with him. But as far as Siddant is getting to showcase his creativity, he don't really have any problem. And money was never a matter to him.

He worked because it was his passion. Not to earn. Tho it was also one of the factors, it wasn't the only factor.

After chatting with his family for a while, he came to his room back and changed into his matte black pyjama without any upper. He loved sleeping this way. It was just too comfortable.

As he was about to go to his home office to work, he got an incoming call. He looked at the screen and it was a video call, from his brother.

"Hi bhai." From the other end, Gautam chirped. He was out on the road and it looked like Evening in Amsterdam.

"Heyy chote lal. How's life going so far?" He smiled when his brother cringed at the nickname. He loved to annoy this little creature a lot.
(Junior child)

"Kya bhai. At least now leave annoying me since I'm literally a continent away from you!" Gautam exclaimed while Siddhant just laughed while shaking his head.
(What brother)

"Well then, chote lal, that's never gonna happen. Even if you are saat samandar paar from me." He said and Gautam whined.
(Seven seas away)

"Fine whatever leave the topic. Tell me how're you? All good? I mean offcourse mann toh nahi lagta hoga aapka bhabhi ke bina but still, rest fine?" Gautam said in a teasing tone.
(You must be feeling off without my sister in law)

"Done with your rambles? Is this why you called me at 11 at night?" Siddhant asked with a raised brow. Whatever Gautam said was 100 percent true. He wasn't feeling himself without Chavi but he wouldn't admit it. At least not infront of his younger brother.

"Fine old man. Take it easy. I called you now because when I called mumma in the afternoon, I talked with everyone, accept you. Chachi told me you got some important project so you are busy. So she told me to call you at night." Gautam explained to Siddhant who just made an 'o' face.

"Alright, got it. Well.. I wasn't actually gonna take this project but since I don't have any better things to do, I went for it." Siddhant replied with a sigh.

"Yea..better things like spending time with bhabhi, isn't it?" Gautam asked and Siddhant glared at him.

"I'll like to ignore that. So yea, I just got back home some half an hour back. Now going back to work. So if you are done talking to me, you may hang up." Siddhant said, already done with him.

"What about dinner? You aren't going to eat? Itne bade wale devdas ban gaye ki bhabhi ke paas na hone par khana nahi khaenge?" Gautam asked, trying to speak seriously but failing miserably.
(You have become this big of a miser that you wouldn't eat now that your wife isn't here with you?)

"Just come back home and see what I do to you." Siddhant clicked his tongue making horror run down Gautam's spine. Before he could reply, Siddhant continued.

"I had dinner at a diner outside. Ain't hungry now." He said and collected his files, making his way towards his study.

"Ooooo. Okay. Toh aisa bolo na."
(So say it like this)

"Tu bolne de tab toh bolu. Phone rakh ab. Bye goodnight." Saying so Siddhant didn't wait for Gautam's reply and hung up. He was so done with all his siblings. Being the eldest sibling is a tough job.
(I will say like this if you let me. Keep the phone now)

He rubbed his head and sat on his seat after closing the door. No matter how much trash Gautam utters, he was right when he said Siddhant became a miser. It's tough to live without Chavi and to cry out loud it's just the first day.

He thought of calling Chavi, since they hadn't talked since yesterday at airport. She messages him on reaching her flat. That's all.

Should he call her now? Will it disturb her?