28. tries and tries

"Main apke paro main naak ragadne ko taiyaar hu. Bas mujhe maaf kardo aap." Miheer said to Siddhant from the floor. Who was rubbing his forehead in irritation.
(I'm ready to rub my nose in your feet. Just forgive me.)

"What the hell Miheer just get up from the ground." He was deeply irritated by his brother now.

"No. First you say you have forgave me or I'm not standing up." His reply came. He was still holding both of Siddhant's legs and Sid was sitting on his home office chair.

"Get lost Miheer. I'm not in the mood for this drama of yours right now. I said leave me alone." Siddhant was losing his patience but he didn't wanted to regret like the last time. So he'll stay as quite as he can.

"Listen to me bhai. See, I know what I did was wrong but it was supposed to be an innocent prank. I swear I had no other intentions." Miheer was almost rambling and his older brother hadn't even glanced at him once.

"Yea I believe you." Siddhant finally said a sentence which made Miheer go quite. Then slowly, he opened his mouth again.

"Then why are you treating do distantly with me?"

"Because I'm angry on myself Miheer. You need to understand. It's not you, it's me. I, myself. I said things to Chavi over phone which I shouldn't have ever said. I doubted her and screamed at her nonsensly. I let my fear and insecurities take over my demeanor. Now you understand?" Siddharth finally snapped at his younger brother loosing his patience.

Miheer understood how his small mistake created a huge hurricane in their lives.

"Sorry bhai. Really sorry. I can help you to apologise to bhabhi. I'll do it myself too with you." He pleaded and first Sid denied, but then agreed nonthless since Miheer was just too clingy.

"Fine. Now get lost and leave me alone."

"Thanks Bhai. Sorry again. Love you." Then out of nowhere, Miheer kissed his brother on one cheek.

When he remembered his blunder, he looked at Sid who was already looking at him in horror.

"What the hell."

"Eww. Sorry bhai zyada emotional ho gaya main. Goodnight bye." Saying so, Miheer quickly escaped the weird situation. While Sid took his handkerchief and wiped his cheek.
(I got too emotional)

"Illiterate idiot." Sid muttered to himself before going back to his research. Research about how to convince an angry wife.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Yes maa. I'll eat properly and sleep early. Now let me go, it's time for work."

"Yes sure, bye love you maa." Saying so, she hung up the call of Rashita. She hadn't told no one from both the families about the tension between her and Siddhant.

Well..from his side, he had told Aisha but that's all.

Now that she was wearing her heels to make her way towards the office, she heard her phone rang.

Wo insaan
(That human)

She quickly dodged the call and made her way outside the house.

While on the other hand, Siddhant, who had been trying to reach her via calls since last two weeks groaned again.

"Nahi uthaya?" Sirat asked. Now that Aisha knew, slowly the whole family got to know about his blunder. And since then, both Sid and Miheer's breakfast, lunch and dinner had been filled with taunts and complaints.
(Didn't pick up?)

But well, they both think they deserve it.

"Kya lagta hai?" Siddhant asked her back irritatedly.
(What do you think?)

"Mujhpe kyu chid rahe ho. Galti karo khud, sunao mujhe. Ye achcha hai." And yet again, his younger sister taunted him.
(Why are you scolding me. Do mistakes and then scold me. This is nice. <sarcastically>)

"Ugh how long are you going to tell me the same?" He finally asked loosing his patience again.

"Just when bhabhi will forgive you." She answered.

"That sounds like eternity." Mehul, their uncle said in between. They both looked at him dead in his eyes, as he looked at them both while eating his samosa.

The three of them were sitting in Sirat's room. She was doing her work, uncle Mehul was eating his samosa sneakily, which he was restricted of eating and Siddhant came here to make Sirat talk to Chavi on his behalf since the latter wouldn't directly talk to him.

"Sorry." Uncle replied with a nervous smile.

"One more comment and I'll tell mumma and badi mumma that you are eating oily. They will see you then." Siddhant threatened his uncle whose eyes went wide.

He knows both his sisters in law will make him eat ghas pus for the next whole month if they got to know this, since he's diabetic and isn't allowed to eat these.
(Leaves and stems)

"Try again or get lost and let me work." Sirat intervened and looked at her brother.