13. Consolation & hugs

And as if it gave him a cue, Miheer started crying again while hugging Chavi.

"Why are you going bhabhi. Please stay. Or take me with you. Me, Sirat and Bhai. All of us together." Miheer said so while hugging his bhabhi.

For him, she wasn't just his bhai's wife. She was his sister. And a best friend for him. So he didn't wanted to let go.

"That is not possible na Miheer. You understand this better than anyone else. I didn't even wanted to go. But your bhai made me follow my dreams and hence, I'm taking a leave. I'm not leaving y'all. I'm just taking a leave. I'll be back soon. I promise that." Saying so, Chavi broke their hug and looked in his now red eyes.

He seemed to understand her. Sirat, from afar, smiled at their bond. Without even realising the three of the have became like real siblings. For Miheer and Sirat, she is their sister first, after that Siddhant is their brother.

"Now stop crying and come down. Everyone is waiting for you too. Stop sulking on terrace, you too doofus'." She laughed a little saying this.

And her sentence seemed to lighten the atmosphere.

"You know you can be a little nicer. Always ready to insult me." Miheer said and rolled his eyes. While Sirat just came and hugged Chavi.

"I'll miss you bhabhi. Come back soon, okay." She said and sighed in her favourite person's arms.

Who smiled in return before saying.

"Sure boo. Anything for you." And then, the three of them made their way down.

~•~•~•~•~

"So you are saying that you wouldn't miss me? At all?" There stood Chavi, in all her glory, ready to board at the airport.

"That's exactly what I'm saying." There stood Siddhant, in all his glory, claiming his wife that he wouldn't miss her.

Hah. Let's see.

"Alright then. That's good I guess. It means you don't care right?" She asked nonchalantly yet anyone could decipher it was humour. Nothing serious in it.

"Yepp. Not even ittu sa." He told her while pinching his finger and thumb together.

All this while, Mehul, who also came with Siddhant to leave Chavi at airport, stood there amused. Watching the youngest couple of the family arguing in sarcasm.

"Phir theek hai. Matlab agar mai koi Singapori chokra patalu, toh chalega na?" She said and Mehul tried to succumb his laugh.

Key word: tried.

He failed miserably and laughed out loud, fuming Siddhant more than he already was.

He stepped towards Chavi and bent a little to her level, before whispering in her ear.

"It's your choice babes. But remember you are coming back to me. Have as many side chicks as you want, but then be ready for the consequences." He said and put the hair strands falling over her ear, behind her ear.

She looked flushed.

Mehul, turned around to pick up an important call and missed her flushed face. Or else she would have been teased for so long.

"You...you.." Chavi couldn't even complete her sentence before her dear husband kissed her earlobe and stand straight as if nothing happened. With a content smile on face.

"Sorry it was an urgent call. Are you guys done now?" Mehul asked in urgency.

And Chavi tried to calm her nerves down. Then looked their way.

"Ji chachu. All done." She gave Siddhant a glare who tried to surpass his laugh now.

"Let's go now. Your flight time is nearing." He looked at his watch and informed them.

At that moment it dawn upon them. It's finally happening. They wouldn't see each other for next ten months.

As the realisation hit them, they made their way towards each other and hugged each other.

Chavi has lost the count of times she had hugged this man today. It's still not enough.

"I'll miss you." He said to her.

"I'll miss you more." She replied.

"Come back soon okay." He told her and she nodded with a smile.

Then she greeted her chachu as well and made her way inside the airport.

Turning back one last time, she waved at them and then went inside for a new phase of her life.

While Siddhant stood at his place for a while, wondering if he should have said 'I love you' to her.

But what is the meaning of saying something which is true.

Yet.

§