17. butterflies in tummy

As Siddhant was deciding whether he should call Chavi or not, his call rang again. Thinking it's his annoying brother again, he didn't recieve the call.

It rang again.

This time, all irritated, he decided to recieve the call and shout at Gautam. But as he saw the caller ID his anger flew out of the window and his heart started beating fast.

It was Chavi calling him.

He took a few breaths in, a few out. And then recieved the call.

"Heyy.. why didn't you recieve the call in the first ring?" Chavi's mesmerizing voice came from across the phone, making Siddhant speechless.

"Hello? Say something deadman." She exclaimed and he cleared his throat before saying,

"Hi." His heart was still beating faster.

"Hello to you too. Now answer my question." Chavi said comfused about his behaviour.

Has he lost his mind or has decided not to use it now that she's in Singapore? She thought. But he didn't even use it when I was at home. She thought again and carried on slurping her coffee.

"I though it was Gautam who called. So I didn't....umm... recieve it." He said rubbing his neck. He was kind of embarrassed but this is what it is.

"And you are ignoring Gautam because?" Chavi asked, suddenly interested in the gossip.

"He's annoying me. That's all." He replied and rolled his eyes knowing very well that Chavi can't see it.

"What? About what was he annoying you tho?" She asked again. Excitement evident in her voice.

"Why are you so excited about gossips always?" He asked irritatingly. He can't possibly tell her that he was annoyed by his younger brothe because he was spatting facts about him missing his wife, who she herself is.

"Well well, okay Mr. Grumpy pants. If you say so. No need to be a hulk now." She said with a 'duh' tone and he rolled his eyes again.

"Don't roll your eyes. One day they'll fall out of the socket." She said from across the phone and Siddhant realised she knows him a bit too well. This ended up sending a smile across his face.

"Well, video call?" Siddhant asked with a smile. Chavi on the other hand stilled for a moment. She wasn't expecting a video call request from him knowing how tired he gets due to work.

"You in there Chavi?" He asked with a raised brow and this time, she cleared her tone.

"Yea..yea. if that's fine by you." She replied and he hmmed.

Soon she requested for a video call and he answered in the first ring.

She. Was. Feral.

She has seen him sleeping without shirts a few times before and he looked extremely hot according to her. He wasn't a well built man. But he did had good muscled to flex about. And that's exactly what Chavi swooned over.

While on the other hand, looking at Chavi laying comfortably on her baby pink mattress with a sky blue satin cami top and a messy bun, did something to Siddhant. He was always mesmerized by the beauty of his wife and she looked extremely heavenly right now. It might be because he's seeing her after more than twenty four hours or because she's in clothes he didn't see her earlier ever. But either way, she looked ravishing.

"Hi again." She said and took a sip of her coffee.

"Same to you." He replied observing every of her moment, sending butterflies in her tummy.

Double update since am too free rn :p