32. visit to hospital

After their call, Siddhant made his way out the room to end up colliding with someone.

"Oh God, don't you have eyes? Can't you see where you are going?" Ved, Siddhant's father scolded him. Who looked at the elderly man in confusion before asking.

"What's wrong dad? What happened? And where are you going in such hurry?" He said and then started following his father towards wherever he was going.

"You don't know?" His father turned to look at him in disbelief. In front of his tall son, Ved had to look up to see his face.

"No." Simply replied Sid.

"Devesh had a heartattack. We are heading towards Chavi's home only." He informed and hastily left from the hallway.

Siddhant panicked and followed him out. His foot made their way behind Ved automatically, as he couldn't quite process the information that his father in law just had a heartattack.

"I'll drive." He said and Ved and Aisha both nodded, before sitting in the back seat.

They haven't told anyone else in the family accept Mehul, who's on his way to the hospital from the office.

His father gave him the location and waited desperately for them to reach there.

Until they did.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"You scared us you idiot." Were the first words spoken as the Sharma family entered the hospital room.

"Same uncle, same." Lakshya, who had tears in his eyes, said.

"I hope he's fine now. And so are you all." Siddhant said in Lakshya's ears, as he bro hugged him. Which he gladly reciprocated.

"Yea. He is. We got scared but are fine now too. Just....don't tell to Chavi." He said as soon as they broke the hug.

He looked at him in confusion until Sanya appeared from behind.

"Hey. Nice to meet you bhabhi." Siddhant said and shook hands with Sanya, who greeted him back tiredly.

He then took in their appearance and noticed that both of them were in their formal suits.

Probably left work hastily.

"Sorry for the inconvenience to you." Sanya said to Siddhant and he frowned at her words.

"Arey. What nonsense. He's my father too, offcourse I have to look after him." He said and the young couple looked at each other with small smiles on their lips at his words.

"By the way you guys are really not planning to tell Chavi right now?I mean, It's a big deal." Siddhant asked looking between both of them, before looking at the elders talking with each other in stress filled atmosphere.

Mehul had arrived a few hours back so now all of them were chatting.

"Not yet. We will tell her eventually, but right now, we aren't planning to. She will get stressed and scared and will leave for India as soon as she hears it. Papa is fine now but she wouldn't get it. And only a few months more are left, so maa has decided not to tell her." Lakshya explained and Sid nodded.

Though it didn't felt right with him not to tell her, he can't possibly speak in between their family matters.

"Yea ok." He said before his phone rang and he went outside to speak to the person on the other line.