10 Gautam's Farewell

"So you are saying that mumma and papa have no issue with me leaving for Singapore for my work?" Chavi asked Siddhant and Ved-Aisha who were also sitting there, open mouthed and wide eyed.

"Yes Chavi. It's the fourth time you're asking me already." He replied her while rubbing his face with both his plams and his parents laughed at him.

"Sorry. But this is just unbelievable. In the morning when I asked mom about letting this household's girls go out to study, she denied it very firmly. So it's a shocker for me on how she accepted." Chavi said and now looked a bit nervous.

"Offo Chavi. Why are you so easy to outsmart. I was kidding back then my dear. Do you really think of us, of ME as that orthodox? Itne bhi purane zamane ki nahi hu main." Aisha told her with a warm smile.

It all made sense to her now. Just when she was about to open her mouth to say something further, she heard a knock on the door.

"Bhabhi, main aa jau?" Sirat asked her in quite voice.

She knew it was coming. Her going to Singapore is a shocker and obviously no chance Sirat and other youngsters will accept it this easily.

Plus she didn't told them prior. They got to know directly thru Ved. They must be really angry on her too.

"Aa jao Sirat. Tumhe puchne ki zaroorat nahi hai." Chavi told her with a small smile. She think of Sirat as her own sister which she never had.

Sirat looked at her parents and Siddhant, who were also sitting in their bedroom. After the announcement in the hall, Ved told everyone about the opportunity for Chavi and how she would be leaving for Singapore in three weeks.

It was really a shocker. But Gautam was the most happiest along them all. And the reason was, he wouldn't be the only one suffering homesickness. Which earned him a smack from Arpan.

"Bhabhi aap jaa rahe ho? And you didn't even tell me about it?" She was clearly hurt by the way her eyes didn't shine while talking to her new favourite person.

"Sirat...bacche come here. And sit." Chavi said to her and patted the space on bed besides her.

"You know what, before papa announced, I myself didn't knew I was going. If it was not because your Bhai sneekily checking my laptop, It all would never had happened." Chavi said while giving side eye to Siddhant.

"But...why wouldn't you have opt for this if not for bhai?" Sirat was genuinely confused. Why would someone leave such an outstanding opportunity.

"Lets say teri bhabhi mere bina rehe nahi paegi." Siddhant jumped in between their conversation and saved Chavi somehow, who was panicking from inside.

"Kitne badtameez hai na tere bhai." Chavi tched at this at Sirat who simpathised with her bhabhi.

While Ved and Aisha just looked at them while laughing, praying for every evil to be away from them.

~•~•~•~•~

"Ache se jana. Dhyaan se rehena. Commotion, rent, food wagerah sabki arrangements ho gai hai. Tu apna dhyaan ache se rakhna. And study well, okay." Amita kissed her son goodbye and hugged him.

Today he was flying to Amsterdam. He will be staying there for one semester, i.e. six months. After that he will shift countries, depending on his placement.

Arpan, Ved and Siddhant are going to leave him at airport. Rest everyone is farewelling him from home onwards.

"Haa maa. Don't worry okay. Take your medicines on time and we'll talk everyday hmm?" Saying this Gautam kissed his mother's forehead, who somewhat had tears in her eyes.

It will be the first time she'll be staying away from him this long.

"Bye maa. Bye..." After that he wished to every one of his family members while taking their blessings by touching their feet.

He then made his way out to go.

"Don't worry badi maa, he'll be fine. Our Gautam is very smart. He'll survive." Chavi consoled a crying Amita, who was hugging her.

"Yes maa. Don't worry. Plus wo jaan khane walo mese hai uski jaan koi nahi khaega. Aap befiqar rahe." Miheer said to Amita.

"Beta uski jaan to sabse zyada tu hi khaata hai." Sirat said and whistled from behind Miheer.

"Ruk tu, tujhe batata hu main jaan khana kise kehte hai." Saying this he ran behind an already running Sirat.

And Amita laughed at their childishness.

It was like this only, anything sad? Call the duo. And the atmosphere lightens.

Chavi smiled at them.

How will she survive without these people was a big question.

§

Hope you liked it.<3